Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wooden Fishing Lures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2019, 01:10 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough
Default Wooden Fishing Lures

My brothers and I would always give Rapala or Bagley fishing lures as gifts since we were kids so I have a large selection. Now days they are getting expensive. Bagley Smoo is a banana bait/ crankbait hybrid. It dives deep enough to catch suspended white bass although the one I have left is really to big for that job. With all the spare parts and lures past their prime that I have amassed I have decided to recycle them into new creations. Smoos and other Bagley lures have been discontinued but I figure I can make my own. They are available on ebay but they cost a bundle. This way I can customize them for particular needs. Plastic crankbaits just dont intetest me. Wood only. I have some antiques also. I have made copies of Lazy Ike banana bait lures. The original I copied was an oldie. There are also some ancient wooden topwater plugs but I dont use those now. I only admire them. Fishing is expensive today.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Some of those old wooden plugs can be worth a lot of money. I have a few Jitterbugs from the late 50ís or early 60ís that are selling for an amazing amount of money. Since I got these from my grandfather I will never sell them. I also have several Muskie plugs from the 40ís that I consider works of art more than fishing tackle.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
Some of those old wooden plugs can be worth a lot of money. I have a few Jitterbugs from the late 50’s or early 60’s that are selling for an amazing amount of money. Since I got these from my grandfather I will never sell them. I also have several Muskie plugs from the 40’s that I consider works of art more than fishing tackle.
Wooden fishing decoys for musky ice spearing are collectable too. I dont have any of those but they are cool. They dont make lures like they used to for sure. I like the old ones with glass eyes. The ones I have came from my grandfather also. The fishing decoys are folk-art.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 03-08-2019 at 01:33 PM.