Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What a Steal!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 04:19 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road
Default What a Steal!!!!

My old computer monitor was slowly dying. Now and then the screen would just go blank. I had been fighting it for a couple of years now. It was a Samsung square flat screen with TV inputs and PIP.

So today I go into Office Max to look at new monitors. I found a flat screen 27" HP on sale that I liked. I found a sales guy to ask a few questions.

I quickly learned that it was their last and since it was a display model, he would discount the sale price by an additional 75%!!!!! The store is moving soon and corporate had told them to get rid of stuff!

So sales tax included this gorgeous monitor was only $50.

Now and then I can fall into a poop pile and come out smelling like Channel #5! Today was one!!!
Old 01-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

That’s awesome.

Watch sears for great deals as well. Won’t be long til they go under. I bought a new snowblower. Normally 600. Got it for 200 with free shipping
Old 02-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
That’s awesome.

Watch sears for great deals as well. Won’t be long til they go under. I bought a new snowblower. Normally 600. Got it for 200 with free shipping
Sears is killing me!! I bought my first Craftsman tool set at age 13. Spent my separation pay when I left the army on the master mechanics tool set at age 22, and probably another $10,000 since. And now all of those lifetime warranty tools may be non replaceable after the last sears store closes. Stanley will not commit as to the future of the craftsman hand tool brand post bankruptcy.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Bill is on a distinguished road
Default What "Life Time" Means

Today, Life Time means the Store or You. Whichever expires first!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
Sears is killing me!! I bought my first Craftsman tool set at age 13. Spent my separation pay when I left the army on the master mechanics tool set at age 22, and probably another $10,000 since. And now all of those lifetime warranty tools may be non replaceable after the last sears store closes. Stanley will not commit as to the future of the craftsman hand tool brand post bankruptcy.
Yeah. It’s a real kick in the balls. Most of my hand tools are craftsman as well. They’re just as good as a set of s-k that I have and cost 1/4 the price

Sears is so hardup now they’re selling stuff in Lowe’s
Old 02-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Yeah. It’s a real kick in the balls. Most of my hand tools are craftsman as well. They’re just as good as a set of s-k that I have and cost 1/4 the price

Sears is so hardup now they’re selling stuff in Lowe’s
Actually Sears doesn’t own the Craftsman brand anymore, it was sold to Stanley/Black and Decker 3 years ago for $950 million. The feds seized that money to cover Sears pension debt. Terms of the sale included a provision that Stanley had to continue making Craftsman hand tools until the last Sears closed. After that Stanley can discontinue the hand tool line and has no responsibility in terms of warranty.