Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I love the smell of firecrackers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2017, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice
Default I love the smell of firecrackers

My son and I just lit a few thousand. Good times. Man, I love that smell almost as much as the smell at the gun range.

The bottle rockets we got this year are better than last years. We had to aim them basically straight up so I could tell where they landed.

The other crazy stuff can't be lit around my house. I'd be in jail for arson for sure.

4th of July memories : bottle rocket fights. Breaking the sticks of bottle rockets to see what would happen. (Hint: run, or stay put...you're still in danger). Roman candles were used one time instead of bottle rockets when I was about 15. Bad idea. Shooting flaming balls of whatever at each other is bad bad bad
Old 07-03-2017, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Good thing you're not my neighbor. You'd have driven my dog into a frenzy.

Do you remember the Toyota [I think it was Toyota] commercial from a few years back that had firecracker sounds in the background? Every time that commercial came, Napoleon would start running around barking. He thought it was for real. He hates loud noises of all kinds -- even people talking loudly.

Edit: I don't think that commercial was for Toyota after all. Now I'm pretty certain it was for Honda.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 07-16-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Good thing you're not my neighbor. You'd have driven my dog into a frenzy.

Do you remember the Toyota [I think it was Toyota] commercial from a few years back that had firecracker sounds in the background? Every time that commercial came, Napoleon would start running around barking. He thought it was for real. He hates loud noises of all kinds -- even people talking loudly.

My mothers chocolate lab was like that. Any loud noise made him freak out. Thunder, loud car horns, Anything.

We wouldn't have set them off if it bothered anyone though.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

He also hates skateboards and scooters.

I wouldn't have said anything about the firecrackers. This time of year you have to expect it. Of course I wouldn't have liked having the dog freak out, but when you live in a city you have to tolerate people doing things that you may not like and expect others to show the same courtesy in return when you do things they may not like.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 07-16-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

You're probably right, but I don't my neighbors pissed off...even if they wouldn't say anything.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

I am still sporting the scar from my roman candle war days. It was fun until the fire started.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
I am still sporting the scar from my roman candle war days. It was fun until the fire started.
I can't believe we didn't kill ourselves as kids
Old 07-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
I can't believe we didn't kill ourselves as kids
Exactly! I did some pretty stupid shit as a kid. I was hit by a car 3 different times by age 13. All 3 involved bicycles and blind turns. The worst one ended in a broken arm, fortunately that one happened a week before school started so summer wasn't interrupted too bad.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly! I did some pretty stupid shit as a kid. I was hit by a car 3 different times by age 13. All 3 involved bicycles and blind turns. The worst one ended in a broken arm, fortunately that one happened a week before school started so summer wasn't interrupted too bad.

We tied a rail sled to the back of a chevette. 40mph on a frozen gravel road. Dumb
Old 07-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

I was hit by a car once when I was on a bicycle. I think I was 10. I wasn't hurt at all, but the bicycle was damaged. I had a cousin on my mother's side who was hit and killed by a car (I believe it jumped the curb). I never knew him because he died before I was born. The family didn't talk about it, so I don't know much about it.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 07-03-2017 at 11:02 PM.