Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Off Topic - Talk About Anything You Want » What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2020, 09:52 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I found some fancy German dark wheat bread that I like. Pepperidge Farms brand. I will use it with my seasonal German meals from now on. It is not surprising that the bread sort of reminds me of a German dark wheat beer. Makes me eager for morel mushroom season. I like to make white asparagus but the wild asparagus will be up soon if I can find it while it is young. I noticed that my chives were there even in winter. Thats cool. A year-round crop. Had some sassafrass tea yesterday.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 03-23-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:47 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Forgot to mention the German chocolate cake I baked. One of my favorites.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:33 AM

taylorwilkes1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whisky

Makers mark tonight!
Old 04-23-2021, 12:41 PM

I tried Warsteiner Dunkel few months ago. It is a better Munich dunkel style lager than Modelo Negra yet cost about the same and is German. It was enjoyable. Also I finally tried Stella Artois and found it to be enjoyable also. It was nice and fresh despite the fact that it is in a green bottle. I did not expect it to be so hoppy but it was. Thankfully it was not skunked at all. The last one was Weihenstephaner Original Premium. perhaps the best Munich Helles lager you can buy. Very nice. I have not been drinking much beer or wine or spirits but I did try Warres Warrior Port. It is a little different in that it is slightly acidic. It was decent stuff. I had never tried rye whiskey but I did some research and chose Pikesville rye. Aged six years and 110 proof. Said to be Rittenhouse rye aged and 10 proof points higher. The wood is very noticeable with the extra age. It is very drinkable neat despite the strength. I would say that it is well balanced. Not overly sweet from the corn and slightly bitter at times but overall sweet. I liked the finish because of the play of sweet/slightly bitter. Spicy but not overly so. Not all that complex but with a nice flavor that reminded me in a way of Ballast Point Sea Rose tart cherry ale or cherry kriek. Very classy but I really have nothing to compare to since it was my first rye whiskey. The bottled in bond Rittenhouse was overpriced at $30 and the Pikesville was a very good price so I chose that even though it cost $40. I had to take small sips because it was so strong. A snort of that would not be cool at all. The dreaded whiskey snort lol. I managed it quite well. I have been adding lemon to my iced tea. I cannot do without it now. I express some zest and toss it in too. Makes a nice chaser for the rye whiskey as well. I still wonder whatever happened to Mask. He was like a buddy. Found morel mushrooms and dug more sassafrass for tea recently before it snowed.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 04-23-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:04 PM

B&HMan is on a distinguished road
Default Mask

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
I still wonder whatever happened to Mask. He was like a buddy.
Yes, I wonder whatever happened to Mask as well! It's one reason why I posted here earlier to see if any of the 'regular contributors' had heard from him. He was like a buddy to me too & we shared quite a number of personal messages back and forth over the years (I've participated on this site). Every time I log on (which is always a 'chore' as the site is so funky, often not allowing me to sign on), I am in hopes that I'll see his return . . . . but constantly disappointed.

I certainly hope that it wasn't a serious health set-back for him or that he was somehow affected by the Covid virus and the pandemic. I regret not sharing my personal email with him so we could communicate that way.

At the end of 2019, I had planned on going to the New York area and we had discussed connecting up for coffee and over our favorite smokes (of course)! I really miss the guy, his knowledge and insights on so many subjects. His Sunday Dispatch that he used to contribute too was a good perspective on life as well - always looked forward to them!

He's a great guy and would welcome him back! Miss you buddy!

Last edited by B&HMan; 04-25-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by B&HMan View Post
Yes, I wonder whatever happened to Mask as well! It's one reason why I posted here earlier to see if any of the 'regular contributors' had heard from him. He was like a buddy to me too & we shared quite a number of personal messages back and forth over the years (I've participated on this site). Every time I log on (which is always a 'chore' as the site is so funky, often not allowing me to sign on), I am in hopes that I'll see his return . . . . but constantly disappointed.
You could carry on the Sunday Dispatch thread because of his absence in the way that he did for the original poster. Just a suggestion.