Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Off Topic - Talk About Anything You Want » What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Now I got the idea of making Swedish snaps (aquavit) to have with smoked herring. Here I go again. Maybe I should keep these projects to myself. A lager chaser is the custom. I keep coming up with excuses lol.

https://www.matchingfoodandwine.com/news/match_of_the_week/herring-and-aquavit/
http://www.swedishfood.com/swedish-drink-recipes/167-snaps

Another Port/cognac drink that sounds interesting...
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/12/enchantress-drink-cocktail-recipe.html

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 12-03-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
I have a question... Isnt this a contradiction? "A golden, sweet, and pleasantly dry Belgian style ale." Is dry the opposite of sweet? That was my understanding now I am puzzled.
Your understanding of "dry" versus "sweet" is correct. The description of that ale is contradictory.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:21 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Your understanding of "dry" versus "sweet" is correct. The description of that ale is contradictory.
I think they meant that it has a dry finish. Seems that someone would have caught that before it was printed but I guess not. I filtered the persimmon/orange peel infusion because I was leery of leaving the peel in it too long. Again... like last years infusion, the persimmon taste is subtle and thus mostly covered by the peel. There is astringency and the stuff tasted like astringent fresh orange juice until I added demetera sugar to it. Maybe a hint of tangerine, caramel, and a bit of honey from the fruit under the orange taste. It may make a good Grand Mariner substitute to add to mixed drinks like the Enchantress cocktail I mentioned above. It was not a failure at all.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 12-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Paulaner Original Munich Lager. Helles (pale) lager. I bought it because it is in cans not bottles. More of a summer beer than a winter beer but it is good anyway. Mild and slightly grassy. Weihenstephaner Original (helles) is still my favorite. Munich dunkel (dark) is a better choice for winter.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:35 PM

I realized that the holiday season is right now so I went and got some Courvoisier VS cognac to mix with Warres Otima 10 yr old Port. I can also make the Temptress Port cocktails but forgot lemons. I have tangerines. Also a 4 pack of Taxman Qualified Quadrupel ale because it was on sale too.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 12-12-2019 at 04:38 PM.