Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Off Topic - Talk About Anything You Want » What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2019, 10:59 AM

barfly is on a distinguished road
Cool Eating, drinking and smoking

I'm having an 18" pizza that is comprised of 100% non-gmo ingredients and is also gluten free. Probably will have fresh mushrooms, white onion, green pepper, ground beef, pepperoni and extra cheese. There are four hungry people here so it won't last long.

I'm drinking mostly Big Berkey filtered water and Vita CoCo brand coconut milk. I gave up alcohol a few years back so I wouldn't have to go to jail. I'm not a happy drunk and you should look out for me when I'm inebriated heh heh.

I gave up smoking cigarettes, roll your own, cigars, snus and e-cigs and replaced those with healthy eating and drink. I occasionally roll a big fat doobie of some "kind" bud and get stoned after dinner.

I'm currently out of the tobacco business thanks to our current President enforcing all of Obozo's stupid laws like the P.A.C.T. Act of 2009
Old 09-03-2019, 08:09 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Tried Great Lakes Oktoberfest. It was pretty good but their Vienna lager is better. Sorted about 3 cups of elderberries. It took forever. Made some garden salsa for corn chips today.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:09 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Today I made Italian pasta salad with things from the garden to "rest" for tomorrow.
Sorting those elderberries was much easier than last time. The tiny stems separated more easily (before) they were frozen for at least a week. I still had to pick then off one by one and exclude any that were the slightest bit unripe. Kept the right of the container clear and sorted them a second time befire moving them to the left. With all of that work I may use better vodka now. Worked out a plan. 3 cups of berries, equal amount if vodka, and 4 one inch square pieces of lemon peel without the pith. 1/4 cup of sugar in a simple syrup once it has extracted the juice. Some recipes call for twice the vodka. It would be quicker I assume but more like flavored vodka than liqueur. I may stick the berries with a needle to speed up the process. Hell , why not? I already have so much time invested anyway.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:49 PM

I looked for Belgian endive one time but could not find it. Every time I am in Meijers I look and see if it is there. Last time an endive spot was on the rack but of course no endive left. Nope! It is just one of my obsessions. It made me mad when I could not find any the first time. Appearantly it is not that easy to find.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:37 PM

Made my breakfast burrito differently and it was very tasty that way. 2 eggs mixed with some homemade salsa and a couple of slices of bacon wrapped in a flour tortillia. It's a winner! My breakfast burritos tend to leak liquid so I use a paper towel in my hand. Bounty paper towels work best for bacon cooked in the microwave becase it doesnt stick to them. I cook the eggs in a pan. Good with a couple of cups of coffee and a cigarette in the morning.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 09-11-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Made some Italian style pasta sauce with things from my garden. I fertilized the garden with nothing but compost. My little compost piles are well thought out so Compost is all I really need now. I took a gamble and bought Spaten Oktoberfest from Walmart again. Checked the date first and dug out the six pack in the last row at the bottom shelf to reduce the odds of skunked (lightstruck) beer. I swore I wouldnt buy any beer in a green bottle ever again but it is real Oktoberfest lager (brewed in Munich). It is good! Not skunked. Last time I was really pissed that it was. $9.29 a six pack and worth nothing. I would not chance it again. I just had to try some that has not been lightstuck yet. I was lucky. It is pretty good but I would not suggest buying any beer on a clear or green bottle. Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest is nice and it is in a Brown bottle.
Edit: There is a hint of skunkiness but it is still pretty good. Seems the outside bottles are slightly different. Forget green bottles. Clear bottles are just plain stupid. Either will quickly be ruined by light exposure. Don't throw good money away. German beers have a much longer expiration date. Why this is is unclear to me. The least they could do is protect the product with darker glass. It frustrates me. If I am reading the date right then it is just two months old yet shows sign of slight spoilage. That is not right and could easily be avoided.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; Today at 01:24 AM.