Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Off Topic - Talk About Anything You Want » What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

What are you eating, drinking, or smoking tonight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 06:32 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Walked down the lane knowing that the morel mushrooms come up later and later each year for some reason. Looked down and there were 5 right there. Filled my bag up and walked back. 15 minutes, no fooling around. Appearantly it is a good year.... right here at least. I still want some Maibock to go with them. There is plenty so I will have some in my eggs tomorrow. A big bowl of them. I just cut them in half and cover the bowl with wet paper towels. Forget soaking them. They get soggy.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:35 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I found some more big yellow morel mushrooms. Now I will have them with the schnitzel and German noodles. Was looking at Port wine online. Terra d'Oro Zinfandel Port sounds good from the description. I may go to Aldi's again to see if they have the German Pilsner now.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 PM

Finished off the last of the morel mushrooms. The giant coke can sized ones may still be out there but I don't want to venture that far. After skipping the wrekly beer a couple times. I got a Great Lakes sampler. Vienna lager, Dortmunder, English style IPA, and porter. First time trying English style IPA... I like it. Three of the four are top notch examples for their style so it is a good buy. The malty Vienna is real nice I already knew that. Dortmuner is a new style for me too. I like it alot. Very nice. Tomorrow is Mother's day so I bought various colored Verbena flowers to plant in a big planter along with the ornamental chives I salvaged from the last planter. My mother is tge only one left in my family since my brother has died. It will suck when she is gone. I will be all alone. I plant things that attract hummingbirds because she likes to watch the birds. I was reading how some hummingbirds are reliant on jewelweed. That was interesting. I think I covered the Sunday dispatch so I will fix that. Went to check sarsparilla along the road. Roadside has been cleared again. I saw new hop seedlings and a plant that I was curious about. May be ramps (wild leeks) but doubtful. I have to go back when it quits raining. Ramp season is short.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 05-12-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: sorry
Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Did a London Broil on my pellet grill tonight. I put a nice top round roast in to marinate last night and popped it on the grill after we go home from fishing. Slow cooked at 225 degrees until rare then let it rest for 20 minutes and finished with a reverse sear at 450 degrees. Delicious!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Did a London Broil on my pellet grill tonight. I put a nice top round roast in to marinate last night and popped it on the grill after we go home from fishing. Slow cooked at 225 degrees until rare then let it rest for 20 minutes and finished with a reverse sear at 450 degrees. Delicious!
Did you catch any fish? It's still cold here. I doubt they would be biting. April is the good month for big bass. The really big ones bite earlier but I don't think bass taste that good.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
Did you catch any fish? It's still cold here. I doubt they would be biting. April is the good month for big bass. The really big ones bite earlier but I don't think bass taste that good.
We caught quite a few nice sized rainbows but only kept 4, enough for a couple of meals. Trout aren’t my favorite but they’ll do in a pinch. Bass are decent eating if caught from cold water but my favorite fish is walleye. Not the big ones but those in the 1 1/2 - 2 lb range. I could eat those every day!
Old 05-15-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
My favorite fish is walleye. Not the big ones but those in the 1 1/2 - 2 lb range. I could eat those every day!
In Minnesota we called the small walleyes "cigars". They do taste better than the big ones.

We trolled with spinner rigs and minnows almost all of the time. Gold or chartruese blades worked best but sometimes orange.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 05-15-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
In Minnesota we called the small walleyes "cigars". They do taste better than the big ones.

We trolled with spinner rigs and minnows almost all of the time. Gold or chartruese blades worked best but sometimes orange.
I like to troll for walleye using shadraps with the size depending upon the depth where the fish are holding. I call it brain-dead fishing, all you have to do is hit the points at the right depth and angle then the walleye will do all the work.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:34 PM

Shad Raps are my favorites for casting. Sometimes I use the countdown type for trolling. I have a big selection of Rapala lures especially the Shad Raps.