Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Off Topic - Talk About Anything You Want » looks like Tony Soprano's old crew just got lucky

looks like Tony Soprano's old crew just got lucky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 09:56 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all
Default looks like Tony Soprano's old crew just got lucky

"a retired judge agreed to help his case because he liked the veal scallopini at the restaurant" owned by the wise guy

Fuggedaboutit: Top New York and Philly mob bosses among 46 gangsters about to walk free because 'FBI agents leaked case information to a Mafia fan-blog and lost wiretaps worn by key informant'

This story actually reads like one of the story lines of the Sopranos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4307784/East-Cost-mobsters-walk-free-FBI-leaks.html
Old 03-14-2017, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

The unidentified person who wore the wire will be revealed when his body turns up in a river somewhere near Philly.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 AM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

or he could just end up like Jimmy Hoffa, ground up in with the hot dog meat somewhere

it flipped me out that the mob is still so active, and on top of that a fricking retired judge helps out one of them cause he likes the veal scallopini, and then the FBI leak info to a "Mob blog"?? Got to figure that agent is pulling duty somewhere in north alaska
Old 03-14-2017, 04:07 AM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

He will get to go fishing like Big Pussy
Old 03-14-2017, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
or he could just end up like Jimmy Hoffa, ground up in with the hot dog meat somewhere

it flipped me out that the mob is still so active, and on top of that a fricking retired judge helps out one of them cause he likes the veal scallopini, and then the FBI leak info to a "Mob blog"?? Got to figure that agent is pulling duty somewhere in north alaska
The Mob is still huge from Philly clear up to Boston, as for the FBI and the judge I am not surprised at all. Look into the Whitey Bulger case. He was informing to the feds while running the South Boston mob, the feds gave him the heads up when the warrant came through. He spent over a decade on the run before he was caught.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
The Mob is still huge from Philly clear up to Boston, as for the FBI and the judge I am not surprised at all. Look into the Whitey Bulger case. He was informing to the feds while running the South Boston mob, the feds gave him the heads up when the warrant came through. He spent over a decade on the run before he was caught.
yeah - knew about Burglar and his dirty FBI agent / handler, actually now that you mention it, i was in real estate for 21+ years. We had a local guy similiar to whitey burglar named Leo Koury that had gone on the run the day the indictment was handed own and actually survived on the run working as a manager at a 7-11 out in california, and there were rumors the FBI had helped him - a client of mine, who used to "work" for koury, had spent 5 yrs in fed pen for delivering 5 kilos of cocaine for Koury to a hotel room and it turned out to be a FBI sting purchase. I recall when i found that out, i wasn't too crazy about working for this client, but then when he took a call, with me standing there, and the last words he uttered to his caller were "listen, you come at me, make sure you come at me from behind, cause i'm going to start packing and if i see you coming, you're going down" and it was said with more than a little anger. Overhearing that conversation snippet, coupled with what i'd learned about his past, made me even more eager to wrap the business we had and loose him as a client.

I've done some business with both FBI & ATF agents - some are stand up guys, and others i wouldn't trust with a $3 dollar bill. Their arrogance is usually accompanied by a heavy dose of buffonish stupidity

here's a link to the Koury death notice in the NYTimes
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/06/23/obituaries/leo-koury-dies-at-56-was-fugitive-since-79.html
Old 03-14-2017, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyE View Post
He will get to go fishing like Big Pussy
hehe - i had forgotten about Big Pussy

i was chuckling in the story when i read the names "johnny glasses" and tugboat

while i was born in Brooklyn, NY, i grew up down here in Richmond. My wife grew up in Queens - she said the reason for the "nicknames" was that it helped them to know who was who when there were so many "johnnies" and "joeys" ie similiar names

Last edited by larryccf; 03-14-2017 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
yeah - knew about Burglar and his dirty FBI agent / handler, actually now that you mention it, i was in real estate for 21+ years. We had a local guy similiar to whitey burglar named Leo Koury that had gone on the run the day the indictment was handed own and actually survived on the run working as a manager at a 7-11 out in california, and there were rumors the FBI had helped him - a client of mine, who used to "work" for koury, had spent 5 yrs in fed pen for delivering 5 kilos of cocaine for Koury to a hotel room and it turned out to be a FBI sting purchase. I recall when i found that out, i wasn't too crazy about working for this client, but then when he took a call, with me standing there, and the last words he uttered to his caller were "listen, you come at me, make sure you come at me from behind, cause i'm going to start packing and if i see you coming, you're going down" and it was said with more than a little anger. Overhearing that conversation snippet, coupled with what i'd learned about his past, made me even more eager to wrap the business we had and loose him as a client.

I've done some business with both FBI & ATF agents - some are stand up guys, and others i wouldn't trust with a $3 dollar bill. Their arrogance is usually accompanied by a heavy dose of buffonish stupidity

here's a link to the Koury death notice in the NYTimes
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/06/23/obituaries/leo-koury-dies-at-56-was-fugitive-since-79.html
my brother in law does a lot of work with the ATF and DEA as the under sheriff he says about the same thing. Seems to be two extremes fine upstanding man or arrogant assclown who is dumber than a box of hammers.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:20 AM

here's a video on someone who is a prime example of buffonish clown and affirmative action

note when he says "this is a Glock 40 and i'm the only one in this room professional enough to handle this gun", then shoots himself in the foot. For the record there is no Glock 40 - that's a G22 which is 40 cal

but then notice when he asks the school teacher to hand him the rifle leaning against the wall - there's a better video out there, but the look on her face is "oh shit, do i really want to give him another gun"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/dea-agent-foot-shoot-suit