Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best Christmas present ever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2016, 08:07 AM

ojsglove is a jewel in the roughojsglove is a jewel in the roughojsglove is a jewel in the roughojsglove is a jewel in the rough
Default Best Christmas present ever

Christmas 1962

I was 8 years old, We lived in Columbus, Ohio. I guess we were considered well to do, we had a tv, and lived in a 2 bed, 1 bath Bedford stone house. I remember wanting a bicycle for Christmas like it was yesterday, but waking up that morning, and running to the living room, no bike Santa had left me a present though, and I quickly ripped it open. Wow, a toolbox with tools inside! 2or 3 screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, great stuff, but man I wanted a bicycle.

Now the bad part

It must have been an unusually warm winter, because I remember sitting outside in the front yard, with no coat or gloves playing with my tools, the neighbor girl, about the same age, rides by on the sidewalk right in front of me, on a brand new shiny bike. One time, two times, i've had enough. Third time by, I reach out and hit the front shiny chrome fender with my Christmas hammer. She comes by again, BAM, back fender smashed against the back tire, my work is done, pack up my tools and go inside.

Now the really bad part

Seems like forever, but within minutes, a knock on the door. The neighbor girl's dad is outside with her bicycle, wow, it doesn't look so new anymore. After several minutes of yelling outside, my dad comes in and asks me if I had done it. UHOH. Yep it was me. I proceeded to get the worst belt whippin of my life, but lived to see another day. I remember this every Christmas, and it actually reminds me who I am. That whippin instilled in me to respect other people, and their property, and just because your prayers are not met, do not deny prayers of others.

Last edited by ojsglove; 12-13-2016 at 08:26 AM.