Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Would you vote trump?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Breaking News: Donald Trump just unequivocally stated that he is committed to the Republican Party, in response to a point blank question as to whether he would run only as a Republican. No conditions added like "so long as I am treated fairly."
Old 12-16-2015, 12:39 AM

teen_smoker will become famous soon enough

I won't be old enough to vote but if I was I would probably vote for Christie. I like his attitude and I think we need a little bit of NJ common sense in DC.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

When I was 16, and couldn't vote yet, I campaigned for Ronald Reagan. It was the only time in my life I was politically active, except for voting.

It's funny you mention Chris Christie, as the talk on the morning news is the possibility that Christie may be making a comeback, that people are starting to give him a second look. I'm concerned about who we're going to get as governor after Christie is gone. The typical pattern is a one-term Democrat after each two-term Republican. And the last two Democrats were disasters. So 2017 doesn't bode well.

I'm still undecided about the field of GOP contenders. I like Fiorina, but despite stellar performances in debates she doesn't seem to be gaining traction. It may not matter, our primary is always so late that the nominee is already decided by then. Might this time be different?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by teen_smoker View Post
I won't be old enough to vote but if I was I would probably vote for Christie. I like his attitude and I think we need a little bit of NJ common sense in DC.
Christie isn't even close to getting the nomination. Would you vote for Cruz ? Other than trump, he is the most likely guy
Old 12-16-2015, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Christie isn't even close to getting the nomination. Would you vote for Cruz ? Other than trump, he is the most likely guy
Phil,
Remember 2008? John McCain was given up for dead, and then won New Hampshire, and ended up being the nominee. It's hardly over until after people start voting. Cruz may win Iowa, but not New Hampshire. Christie is actually polling well in New Hampshire, so he still has a shot.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

If Christie gets the nomination, I'll send Connor $100.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a reason why Christie won't get it

http://www.msnbc.com/sites/msnbc/files/2012/10/christieobama_0.jpg

A true republican would never do that
Old 12-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

That's old news. I agree the odds are against Christie, but to say at this point that his chances are practically nil, or even much worse than Cruz, is premature. If he doesn't win New Hampshire, however, then I think he's done.

Even if Cruz wins Iowa, that hardly means he'll get the nomination, though it may give him some momentum going into the Deep South. In 2008, Huckabee won Iowa, and in 2012, Santorum won Iowa. New Hampshire may matter more, and is a better indicator of a potential nominee's chances in the general election, because New Hampshire allows independents to vote in its primary.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yep. It's old news. But, if Christie became a serious threat that very picture would be plastered everywhere. Christie is named in a number of less than honest doings too. Whether or not they are true , people remember the bad before they even consider the good
Old 12-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Yep. It's old news. But, if Christie became a serious threat that very picture would be plastered everywhere. Christie is named in a number of less than honest doings too. Whether or not they are true , people remember the bad before they even consider the good
I see that you are not very familiar with New Jersey politics. By New Jersey standards, Christie's actions, including his alleged actions, are those of an altar boy.

You may be right, but I still say wait until New Hampshire. If he loses there, it's over.