Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Newport Cigarettes » I can't handle smoking Newports anymore

I can't handle smoking Newports anymore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road
Default I can't handle smoking Newports anymore

Most people who remember seeing me post on different smoking forums over the years think of me a a Newport Man. But I can't smoke a Newport anymore. Smoking even just 2 Newports in a row gives me slight headaches. And sometimes, they would even make me feel drowsy.

I don't need to feel pain and drowsiness if I wanna enjoy a chainsmoking session. So good-bye Newports! I'm reunited with Marlboro Lights, the same brand I actually started smoking with!

I still think Newports are a good brand for new smokers looking for a strong full-flavored brand. Albeit Newports are weaker in strength now in comparison to the past.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 AM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

So, are you still smoking the Marlboro Lights or did you quit smoking tobacco? Thought I heard you started vaping instead. I'm doing both smoking and vaping. I was never hooked on menthol though. You should try some of the overseas dutyfree cigarettes because the tobacco coming from 'across the pond' don't contain fsc paper and is much stronger than tobaccos produced in the states. You might find the EU made Newports to be a lot stronger than you remember Chicago land Newports to be IMHO. Salem cigarettes is what put my bestest friend in the hurt locker. He had to have his larynx removed and had to quit smoking, drinking, etc...he crashed after 3 weeks and drowned in less than one can of beer.

Last edited by cooldude; 04-22-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: missing text
Old 07-12-2012, 03:02 AM

1990smoker will become famous soon enough

I've smoked Newport Menthol Golds and Newport Non-Menthol before, and I can't handle them anymore, either. Newports make it hard for me to breathe. They're the only brand that's done that to me. I don't like their filters that much, either. They get too hot before you get to the end of the cig. I'd always burn my fingers and lips. Won't buy them again.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM

markweinburg is on a distinguished road

Hmm. Newports give me headaches too. Never chain-smoked them. One is enough to give me a headache and make me even feel a bit queasy. The tobacco in them smells stale-ish and they smoke with a chemically taste. I've always thought they were no tastier than generic menthols, but I know they have a very strong following here in the US.