Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Newport Cigarettes » Something like newport?

Something like newport?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Entry Member

dgraham85 is on a distinguished road
Default Something like newport?

Cigarettes are so expensive in New Jersey (7.50 a pack). So I want to start rolling my own cigarettes but I'm not sure what kind of tobacco and filters I should use. I love the taste of Newports so if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank You
Old 09-22-2009, 08:19 PM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

I would highly consider looking at custom blends (use google to find the site). They have tobacco that is tailored to taste identical to newports for around $23 a carton after you roll it yourself. Used to be a lot cheaper before nobama tax hikes on RYO. If you use the live chat feature they will also assist you on what types of tubes you need to perfect that taste. In the meantime you can grab a bag of RYO here and there until you find a suitable cheaper mix but I gotta warn you that RYO is now very expensive thanks to obama.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:41 PM

jokerman is on a distinguished road

maverick menthols are pretty similar to newports but alot cheaper
Old 07-22-2016, 04:38 AM

lexysmom7 is on a distinguished road
Default something like a newport

Originally Posted by dgraham85 View Post
Cigarettes are so expensive in New Jersey (7.50 a pack). So I want to start rolling my own cigarettes but I'm not sure what kind of tobacco and filters I should use. I love the taste of Newports so if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank You
Hey! I love Newports also but even in Virginia they can get up to $6.75 for 1 pack.. I did some searching and have found that Marlboro Menthol Black are quite similiar! They are cheaper, great strong menthol taste and they seem to last longer for me rather than buying 2 packs of Newports a day. As far as filters go, try a regular menthol filter and see what you think. Hope this helps
Old 07-23-2016, 08:51 PM

LuvFemSmkr is on a distinguished road

I used to smoke Newports and got into RYO. I tried about 4 different brands and settled on Ohm Mint Pipe tobacco. I go half and half on regular and menthol tubes. I was using Premier tubes, but recently switched to Shargio tubes because they are a little cheaper and I think just as good or better than the Premier tubes. The FDA is going after what they call dual purpose pipe tobaccos. Which I assume will include Ohm. I assume it will still be for sale, but the price is likely going to go up. If it ends up getting taxed at cigarette tobacco prices also consider Rave menthol cigarette tobacco.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Banned

ZigZagZeppelin is on a distinguished road

for commercial cigs I never found anything like a Newport 100

Last edited by ZigZagZeppelin; 03-08-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

L&M - very similar.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:13 PM

mrjon1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZigZagZeppelin View Post
for commercial cigs I never found anything like a Newport 100
Same here. Bit of a bind when im in the uk and have no way of getting then
Old 01-13-2018, 11:26 AM

Ste2ph is an unknown quantity at this point

The heck with rolling cigarettes. Get the injector and empty cigarette tubes. I get Jester Tobacco 16oz. From PipesandCigars for $10 and then I get the Tubes from SmokersOutletOnline for like $1.70 for 200 tubes. Estimating that a cig weighs 7 grams i can get about 650 cigs out that Pound. Plus with the tubes and all it comes out to about 50 cents a pack before shipping and handling. I had 2 people i know quit newports over this. I live in New York City and its about $13 a pack! Its ridiculous.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:31 AM

Ste2ph is an unknown quantity at this point

Trust me get the cheapest of the cheap to save money. As long as you can tolerate that brand of cheap tobacco youll convert to it in no time. 50cents a pack is nearly unheard of but you can do it with the injector. even If you have a pack a day habit youll spend about 180 bucks a year rather than thousands of dollars.