Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Newport Cigarettes » Something like newport?

Something like newport?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Entry Member

Ice5683 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ste2ph View Post
The heck with rolling cigarettes. Get the injector and empty cigarette tubes. I get Jester Tobacco 16oz. From PipesandCigars for $10 and then I get the Tubes from SmokersOutletOnline for like $1.70 for 200 tubes. Estimating that a cig weighs 7 grams i can get about 650 cigs out that Pound. Plus with the tubes and all it comes out to about 50 cents a pack before shipping and handling. I had 2 people i know quit newports over this. I live in New York City and its about $13 a pack! Its ridiculous.
What exactly do u use.. I want to try and start rolling my own and i was a Newport smoker switched to Marlboro menthol blacks cuz they are very similar but I hate any other kind of menthol so need something very close to the Newport
Old 01-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ice5683 View Post
What exactly do u use.. I want to try and start rolling my own and i was a Newport smoker switched to Marlboro menthol blacks cuz they are very similar but I hate any other kind of menthol so need something very close to the Newport
A lot of brands of dual-purpose "pipe" tobacco use mint rather than menthol, so I think you're going to want something that is flavored with genuine menthol, e.g. Good Stuff Menthol. If the menthol is too potent, then you'll need a "regular" tobacco to blend with it, preferably one that is relatively bland that won't have noticeable added flavors to compete with the menthol flavor of the menthol tobacco. Good Stuff Red (which I've tried before) would be a good candidate for blending. I can't say how potent the menthol flavor of Good Stuff Menthol is because I've never tried it, I only mentioned it as an example because it is a brand that uses menthol rather than mint. Bear in mind you're not going to exactly duplicate any commercial brand, the best you can hope for it is get "in the right ballpark." Since Newport is lightly mentholated, so that you can still taste the tobacco flavor, I think you're probably going to need to blend. There are menthol tubes, which you would use with "regular" (non-menthol) tobacco, but I think you're better off using menthol tobacco than menthol tubes.

If you're willing to pay a "premium" price for tobacco, Kendall Gold Menthol is a really nice menthol tobacco which you wouldn't need to blend with "regular" tobacco. Even people who don't normally smoke menthol cigarettes, such as myself, might like Kendall Gold Menthol. Btw, when I started smoking Newport was the brand I smoked for almost two years, and it's still about the only brand of menthol cigarettes that I like.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 01-02-2019 at 08:23 AM.