Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Newport Cigarettes » Newports are good when you get used to em

Newports are good when you get used to em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road
Default Newports are good when you get used to em

I can understand those who primarily smoke regular cigs not liking the taste of Newports. But saying Newports are too strong, and too harsh makes me laugh.

I guess those smokers didn't know Newport is the strongest filtered brand in the US. You need to have strong lungs in order to enjoy a strong menthol like Newport. I neva even heard of a bro/sis smoker who ever complained about smoking Newports.

I wouldn't recommend smoking Newports for a new smoker (unless you an urban person of course). You gotta get used to smoking cigs period before graduating to a strong brand like this. I also recommend trying a lighta menthol before smoking Newports.

If there's a smoker who's interested in NEVA stopping smoking for life, I recommend trying Newports. Cause when you start smoking Newports, it will be harder to stop smoking. If there's a smoker who started on Newports but switched to a different brand, I gotta applaud at that. Cause it's very tough to not botha touching even a single Newport cig for a week, for a smoker who formerly loved Newports the most.

I know Newports are the only menthols some Marlboro/Camel smokers will smoke at all. I think that's cool to hear.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:22 PM

sydnerella is on a distinguished road

Hmm... I just started smoking a week or so ago and I love Newports. Even though I smoke Marlboro Lights more often since they are more available to me, I like the Newports better just because they really are so much stronger. As a new smoker, I have never had a problem with handling the strength of a Newport. Maybe I'm just crazy.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

Nah, you don't sound crazy to me. You sound like you developed a serious love for smoking. Once a person starts smoking with Newports or switches, that person will love the "Newport Pleasure" forever! Once you switch to a REAL strong brand like Newports, it'll make you think you wished you never smoked airy light cigs at all!

If someone wants to smoke and smoke for the rest of his/her life, I recommend Newports. Trust me, you won't feel the need to quit smoking or to ever smoke any other brand once you try Newports.

Those negative reviews I read on Newports made me laugh. And that's putting it nicely. Newports are not just for urban smokers. LOL!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:05 AM

NicotineFiend is on a distinguished road

I think you're insane to say Newports are good when you get used to them. I think they're good even if you're not used to them. The first time I smoked a port, I fell in love. The first time. It's either you love them or not. No gray lines in between. Black/white. Shabam. Newport 20/20 cigarette
Old 09-14-2012, 01:07 AM

1990smoker will become famous soon enough

I've smoked Newport Menthol Golds and Newport Non-Menthol. They were OK for a while, but, after I started smoking them more often, I started having trouble breathing. They also made me feel sick (dizzy, lightheaded). I don't smoke them anymore and I wanna find out how to get removed from their mailing list. I don't need coupons for something I don't use.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

I think I'm going to surprise you, cooljay788. Although I started with Salems, after I starting smoking regularly, Newports were my primary brand for two years (which were much stronger then; if I remember correctly, they were rated at 18 mg. tar and 1.3 mg. nicotine). Then I switched to non-menthol cigarettes, eventually settling into smoking Winstons, and never went back to menthol. I recall that around 1982 a non-menthol Newport in a red pack was introduced. I liked them, but they didn't remain on the market very long (I guess, from 1990smoker's comment, they must have made a comeback). From what I remember, back then Newports were second only to Marlboros in popularity, and were certainly the most popular menthol brand. But back then I think that Kools were the brand popular with "urban" smokers, more so than Newports.

UPDATE: About the Newport Reds, they are back. I've seen them for sale at a few places now. I must not have noticed before, or the comeback is fairly recent.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 09-12-2017 at 04:50 AM. Reason: update
Old 09-08-2017, 01:18 PM

jt100s is on a distinguished road

I really miss full-flavor Salems from the 80's. They were so hot!
Old 09-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Moxsmoker is infamous around these parts

I think menthols are gross
Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 PM

Kelly2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my very first cigarette about 3 months ago and it was a Newport 100. It was a bit of a shock to the system but better than I expected. I decided to try a few more and liked them. I have been smoking them occasionally and am really enjoying them now
Old 09-25-2017, 02:51 PM

mrjon1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am a uk smoker that has just started smoking newports on my recent holiday and i love them. Only problem i have with them is that they dont sell them here....
Yes they are strong but imo very smooth and no harshness. I can see why they are so popular