Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Switching to reds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2019, 12:23 PM

Katerina is on a distinguished road
Default Switching to reds

I'm a marlboro gold smoker for many years. Several times when I was younger I tried marlboro red and they were too strong so I stayed gold smoker. As I work at school, I have noticed that my need for nicotine increases over time. Recently during one of my school breaks I took a red from a co-worker after a really many years and liked it this time, I also noticed that after that cigarette I didn't have the same need for the cigarette like always for next break. That need was weaker. Now I'm thinking about switching to reds. I know they are much stronger than my golds. What are your tips, has anyone been switching? What do you advise?
Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM

George1 will become famous soon enough
Default Reds

You have been smoking for a while and your tolerance of nicotine has grown, Your body is telling you that your body is ready for a stronger cigarette. Go out and buy a few packs of reds and enjoy.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:00 PM

Heike will become famous soon enough

It is important to smoke what you are most comfortable with. Lights smokers tend to kid themselves that lights are not as unhealthy as full-flavors. This couldn't be further from the truth. If you're having to inhale lights deeper and longer to get the pleasure you'd get from full-flavors, you're taking in more carcinogens. In other words, you're better off smoking full-flavors.

Three suggestions:

1. Have you tried Marlboro Red Label? They're stronger than golds, but milder than reds. They're the old Marlboro mediums.

2. Have you tried Marlboro blacks? I found them to be more satisfying than the Marlboro reds that I smoked forever (I switched to Virginia Slims 120's this past summer). More satisfying, but also a bit more harsh.

3. Have you tried 100's? I started on Marlboro reds shorts when I was 12 (back then, there were no such thing as Marlboro lights), and switched to Marlboro reds 100's when I was 20.

Good luck with your decision, and please let us know which way you go.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 AM

Marlboroman39 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my experience Marlboro Reds are the most satisfying cigarette out there
Old 11-15-2019, 06:27 PM

Katerina is on a distinguished road

Reds are definitely better choice for me, more satisfying than golds and i need to smoke less cigarettes per day, so i absolutely made switch.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:09 PM

Gunit is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you made the switch. Love smoking my Marlboro 100's reds
Old 11-16-2019, 12:10 AM

George1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Katerina View Post
Reds are definitely better choice for me, more satisfying than golds and i need to smoke less cigarettes per day, so i absolutely made switch.
I have been smoking B&H 100’s Premium Golds for years. Once you get into a full flavor cigarette there’s no going back to lights. For me, smoking lights is like sucking air. Congratulations for taking up a full cigarette.