Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Marlboro Smokers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by marlbororob89 View Post
You'd have to make the change out here George, because for the most part, Benson & Hedges regular and menthol aren't sold in stores, because it's all about selling and in talking with store owners and clerks, it's slowly became a non-seller, so most stores stopped carrying it.
The high price, and the fact B&H is never on sale (i.e. it's not receiving "market support" from Altria), is probably the reason why it has slowly become a "non-seller."

Stores and shops are carrying less and less brands and focusing more on volume and you won't have any problems finding Marlboro brands in stock.
Understandable, but I for one would prefer having it be the way it was when I started smoking, having a wide selection of brands, instead of a bewildering number of styles of Marlboro. What if plain packaging comes here? It'll get difficult to even know what the various styles are.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 05-11-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:57 PM

George1 is on a distinguished road
Default Strong

You'd have to make the change out here George, because for the most part, Benson & Hedges regular and menthol aren't sold in stores, because it's all about selling and in talking with store owners and clerks, it's slowly became a non-seller, so most stores stopped carrying it.

Stores and shops are carrying less and less brands and focusing more on volume and you won't have any problems finding Marlboro brands in stock.
Marlboro Reds are for people who like a stronger cigarette. I canít stand lights. Itís like sucking in air.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:52 PM

marlbororob89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
The high price, and the fact B&H is never on sale (i.e. it's not receiving "market support" from Altria), is probably the reason why it has slowly become a "non-seller."

Understandable, but I for one would prefer having it be the way it was when I started smoking, having a wide selection of brands, instead of a bewildering number of styles of Marlboro. What if plain packaging comes here? It'll get difficult to even know what the various styles are.
There are a lot of brands that I've come to find on here and in talking with other fellow smokers that were once popular, but, went away and what where the reasons why...cost, lack of demand/support, but, there are still some lingering feelings with some smokers on brands that are no longer made.

As a Marlboro smoker, I would agree that there are probably too many brands/styles, and on a side note, the push to sell the new Marlboro Ice and in store advertising boggles my mind, because I've yet to hear anything good about it. Even when I need to stop in and buy a pack or two of Red 100's, there are some smokers that just ask for Reds and some clerks know to grab the 100's, but, I'm always very specific and so is my wife and we ask for the "Marlboro Red 100's" and a few times, I've gotten the Red Label and I politely say, no the Full Flavor and the clerk gets the right pack(s).

I'm definitely dreading the day, if it comes and I have a feeling it will, when plain packaging comes and it's going really narrow down the places where we buy in the future, so as to make sure we get the right style.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:54 PM

marlbororob89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George1 View Post
Marlboro Reds are for people who like a stronger cigarette. I canít stand lights. Itís like sucking in air.
Everyone on here and the rest of the fellow smokers in the world find their own brand in their own way and it's ultimately up to you to figure that out, however you do it - family, friends, trying numerous brands, etc, etc.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:05 AM

SmokerBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm definitely dreading the day, if it comes and I have a feeling it will, when plain packaging comes and it's going really narrow down the places where we buy in the future, so as to make sure we get the right style.
Plain packaging really sucks. I was in London for a couple of day not too long ago and fool that I was did not bring enough cigarettes with me. Prices in the UK are really ridiculous and of the three packs I bought two ended up being Marlboro Golds. After opening my first pack and lighting up I knew immediately, went back to the place I bought them, sorry mate I donít smoke but I am not allowed to exchange cigarettes. Luckily a friend of mine smokes Marb Golds and he bought me a pack of Reds. We made sure they gave us the right ones this time.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:28 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Aren't Benson & Hedges mostly Virginia tobacco? Seems they would much different than Marlboros.