Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Introductions Everyone? » Hello and just looking for advice

Hello and just looking for advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 10:52 AM

Sparkym is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello and just looking for advice

Hi, Iíve just joined but have been looking on this site for a while now. I used to smoke and gave up a few years ago. Recently Iíve been thinking a lot about cigarettes and even bought a pack of Marlboro gold the other week but resisted smoking any of them. I have had the odd one over the last few years when Iíve been away for work so my wife doesnít find out and really enjoyed them (then thrown the rest of the pack away out of guilt!). When I smell the smoke from someone else smoking I really find that I want one. I suppose Iím just after advice. Has anyone else been in the same situation? I used to smoke around 10 a day so not a heavy smoker. None of my friends smoke so itís difficult there too. Iím trying to ignore it but am finding it really difficult. Any advice welcome!!
Old 01-05-2020, 06:23 PM

JenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you just need to be honest, both with yourself and your wife. You don't say if she knew that you used to smoke before but I'd talk to her and explain how you feel. She may be able to help you through it and enable you to make the right decision. I have to say though it sounds like you actually want to be a smoker.

My girlfriend is a non smoker and we dated for 2 months before I came clean and told her that i smoked. I didn't want to do anything that might put her off but I realised I wasn't being fair to her or true to myself. Luckily she was fine with it and we're still together 3 years later.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:47 AM

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes she did know I used to smoke. Iíve still been thinking a lot about smoking.

Iíve not told her anything yet but I caved in and smoked a cigarette today. Although I feel a bit guilty I did really enjoy it. It was great. Just at a crossroads now - do I stop and try not thinking about it, or should smoke in secret!? Will that work? One before work and at lunchtime so I can get rid of the smell? Arghh! I just really enjoyed it, even though it was in the rain!!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:15 PM

Dajohns11 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Jenís advice. Given that she knows you used to smoke it should not come totally out of left field if you bring this subject up. Cravings can come out of nowhere even years after quitting. Explain that you feel drawn back to it. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old Today, 06:38 AM

Default Started but not said anything yet

Hi, well Iíve smoked a few more cigarettes but still not told her! Iíve basically had one on the way to work and at lunch. On Monday I was away for work and had quite a few as I was away over night. It was great. I basically smoked as a smoker without the worry or being caught!! This is really getting difficult now....I had one this morning but have definitely got the urge now for another and itís not lunch time. Crunch time, do I carry on and admit Iím smoking again? Iím thinking yes at the moment. Iíll see how the next couple of days go.