Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hello from Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Entry Member

Hydrotronic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Florida

Hello folks. New 40 year old smoker here from Crystal River Florida. This started with my collecting militaria from various periods. A few packs of cigarettes came into my possession from Vietnam era rations and some from WWII. Curiosity got the better of me one day and I opened an old pack and tried one. I found the flavor surprisingly good and then I felt my nerves calming and relaxation flowing over me. Now I finally understand why people smoke.

I don't actually know how these old cigarettes compare to modern ones as I have never tried them. The pack I took from was still sealed and stored in climate controlled conditions, the WWII cigs dont have wrappings and look all dried out in comparison.

I have only smoked two cigs so far but the dire warnings I have been hearing my whole life about how addictive and harmful it is still ring in the back of my mind. When I first started searching smoking related stuff I was bombarded with a massive deluge of anti smoking results that were not even relevant. Someone out there really doesn't want people smoking at all. Personally I have never had anything against smoking or those who smoke, it just never interested me until now.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:56 AM

Norwegian84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome here! Collecting old military stuff is super cool and an interesting part of history! And glad to see you tried smoking and like it, keep up the good work and have more!
Old 05-13-2019, 12:12 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

I am not into the collection of military paraphernalia. I do have for me a prized possession of a 1962 Green Beret. This was given to me by a family friend that served many tours in 'Nam as a Beret.

I am a military historian. I have over a thousand books on military stuff and history.

I also build models of military planes and ships.

I am retired military. So I have lived the life.