Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hello from PNW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2019, 01:24 PM

NASGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from PNW

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around for a while and finally decided to register.

I had my first cig as an 18 year old... went outside with a friend who smoked and he offered me one... I said "no thanks, I've never had one" and he shoved one into my mouth. I was very anti before that, but I enjoyed the hell out of that cig and ended up smoking several more that evening.

Over the years (32 now) I have smoked very lightly here and there... sometimes 2-3 a day and other times going months without smoking, and I vape regularly off and on. I love smoking and I've wanted to pick it up more regularly, but I always chicken out.

The past three days I've been smoking 1-2 a day (light blue American Spirits) after not having one in months... first one I had gave me a huge rush and I had to put it down and smoke the other half later. Today I lit up and the first few drags were really enjoyable, and I found myself smoking the first half pretty quickly and inhaled deeper than usual, and I don't get a rush anymore until a little after halfway through.

Do you think I can maintain at just a couple a day like this, or will I find myself wanting more?

Also, are there any other gay smokers here?
Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM

MarbSmkr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey NASGuy,

Welcome! Gay smoker here -- thats great that you decided to give it a go, smoking can be and is really enjoyable. I just a little older than you, marlboro reds guy and have been smoking for awhile. I understand the hesitation of wanting to smoke regularly and then chickening out-- sometimes we can over think things and deny what we really want.

I say and many will probably agree, just take it slow-- enjoy each smoke you have. I don't know if you will be able to maintain just a couple a day, some people can and then others decided that one more smoke would be nice. As you continue to smoke your body will let you know if you need another one and usually people tend to give into that need. You will find a nice comfort level that works for you.

My advice is just trying lighting up each day, remembering how nice and enjoyable it is. If you feel like having another, have another. You'll probably notice the rush going away and a different feeling of satisfaction will set it, it's your body getting used to the nicotine.

Keep us posted on how it's going would love to hear your progress. All the best!
Old 04-15-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by MarbSmkr View Post
You'll probably notice the rush going away and a different feeling of satisfaction will set it, it's your body getting used to the nicotine.
Yeah, after the past few days it's already feeling different, like it's changing. And after 3-4 hours I feel like I would like another cig, and the vape doesn't really satisfy it entirely.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:45 PM

I also vape, generally throughout the work day, and so I understand yes it is different and doesn't really satisfy it. First thing I do when I wake up in the morning is usually have two reds at least-- and first thing I do when I get out of work is the same, it's what I need.

From there, I smoke as I need throughout the night, sometimes more, sometimes less-- usually not less. I've noticed I smoke more than I did a few years ago, it's just how it goes.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by MarbSmkr View Post
From there, I smoke as I need throughout the night, sometimes more, sometimes less-- usually not less. I've noticed I smoke more than I did a few years ago, it's just how it goes.
How much do you smoke now?
Old 04-15-2019, 04:49 PM

Give or take a pack a day and usually dip most if not everyday. No regrets here.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:40 PM

Heike is on a distinguished road

Welcome to our community!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:20 AM

Redz is on a distinguished road

Hi NASGuy - I'm a gay Marlboro man and I love smoking. Just embrace your love of cigarettes, go where it takes you and become pro smoking.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:01 PM

Just smoked my 9th cig for the day and I'm likely to have a few more this evening. My previous record was 8 on Tuesday. Looks like it's getting easier...
Old 04-21-2019, 12:21 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NASGuy View Post
Just smoked my 9th cig for the day and I'm likely to have a few more this evening. My previous record was 8 on Tuesday. Looks like it's getting easier...
Your record? It is not a contest. Whay are you trying to prove by increasing the amount you smoke? If you want a rush try a burley forward smoke or perique.
It would be so overpowering that you may decide that moderation is a good thing.... unless that backfires and you become a hardcore nicotine fiend. Forget about breaking your record. That is silly.