Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Introductions Everyone? » Greetings from Illinois

Greetings from Illinois

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2018, 09:02 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

Crowngirl, you have already made one big choice. You have decided that menthols are not for you.

There is always a chance that you will find a brand that is disgusting. You equally may find a brand or length that you like even better. You can't learn either without trying.

Think of sampling as going to a buffet and trying a few things you have never tasted before. The price of an individual pack isn't terrible. Maybe think of it as playing a slot machine. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes you win. Now and then you really win big.

Myself, I tend to like most menthol 120s. That is just me. I have sampled a great many. It is sad that today there are fewer to chose from.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:40 AM

marlbororob89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CrownGirl View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm from a suburb of Chicago (no Cook county taxes thank goodness). I just found this forum over the weekend and finally registered.

The shortest way to describe me is "better late than never." I first tried a Newport at the age of 13. Thought they were too strong....
From college until the age of 38 I was in the "Social Smoker" category: bummed a cigarette here/there off friends at clubs/bars/parties. No particular brand in that time frame It wasn't until after turning 39 that I "dove into the deep end." My SO (we've been together for 1 1/2 years) has always been a smoker and so has his family. I would enjoy one of his Camels or Pall Mall's from time to time, so making "the transition" was pretty easy to 1 ppd in 2018, even though I do not come from a smoking family. In fact my entire family is very Anti.

Some people would say I went from 0 to 100 pretty quickly, but
No regrets at all. In fact holy smokes I've been missing out all of these years

Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Happy Holidays!
Does your family know that you smoke and if so, any comments/feedback from them or have them accepted it and moved on?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:48 AM

CrownGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

My family(Parents) do not. Parents are hardcore Antis. My partner is a smoker. My sister and her partner are aware and dont give him a hard time. Parents don't know my partner smokes��*♀️
Old 01-06-2019, 01:52 PM

My family(Parents) do not. Parents are hardcore Antis. My partner is a smoker. My sister and her partner are aware and dont give him a hard time. Parents don't know my partner smokes��*♀️
What was the reaction of your sister when you told her or she found that you smoked - surprise/shock/anger or was it not a problem.

Sometimes, just being upfront and honest (like I was) and letting everyone know that you made the decision on your own as an adult makes it somewhat easier and most people don't even bring it up after that.

Also, since you are from the Midwest, are you a Bears fan and if so, good luck today from a broken hearted Seahawks fan after a tough loss night.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:02 AM

What was your sister's reaction to you being a smoker and has it been a problem since she found out or is she "cool" with it and it's not even an issue.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:19 AM

jersos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
I'm from a suburb of Chicago (no Cook county taxes thank goodness). I just found this forum over the weekend and finally registered.

The shortest way to describe me is "better late than never." I first tried a Newport at the age of 13. Thought they were too strong....
From college until the age of 38 I was in the "Social Smoker" category: bummed a cigarette here/there off friends at clubs/bars/parties. No particular brand in that time frame It wasn't until after turning 39 that I "dove into the deep end." My SO (we've been together for 1 1/2 years) has always been a smoker and so has his family. I would enjoy one of his Camels or Pall Mall's from time to time, so making "the transition" was pretty easy to 1 ppd in 2018, even though I do not come from a smoking family. In fact my entire family is very Anti.

Happy Holidays!

Hey I'm Jeremy and I've been new to this site and would love to chat with you guys! I love meeting fellow smokers!
How did you start smoking? Tell us the story?
Old 01-07-2019, 02:22 AM

CrownGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jeremy. What i had wrote was pretty much my story. How about your story?
Old 01-07-2019, 02:48 AM

jersos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jeremy. What i had wrote was pretty much my story. How about your story?
Well, one of my mom's friend was a heavy smoker. My mom didn't smoke much, only occasionally. So whenever we used to hang out with her, she used to smoke and smoke a lot!! I loved how beautiful it looked to smoke! And I decided to try! So one day I told her that I wanna try. She laughed and said :"Really? You are so young". I was like " I don't care". So she gave me a cigarette and taught me how to inhale. I tried a few times and then I could feel the smoke entering my lungs. It felt so much ecstatic! I tried another one and then another. So from then on, I used to sneak on my mom's ciggies and whenever I used to go out with her, she would let me smoke!

After a few years I bought my cigs and I have never stopped since haha!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!

Happy Holidays!
Better late than never. Still trending up or think you will stick at a pack a day. BTW Pall Mall menthols are the best.