Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Introductions Everyone? » New member-my smoking story

New member-my smoking story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 01:35 AM

Andy1087 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member-my smoking story

Good Afternoon All,

I just joined here and happy to find a smoking related message board seeing and lot of them have gone away.

My smoking history is a little unique as I smoked my 1st cigarette at the age of 21 with my GF at the time. I was always interested in all facets of smoking but never tried it until I met her. She was not regular smoker, but had smoked at times in the past. Even though she did not want me to smoke she agreed to help me try it. So we went and bought a pack of Salem Ultra Lights and I tried my 1st smoke that day. The best part is I did not inhale, but just drew the smoke into my mouth and exhaled. We smoked a few more times and doing so feel by the wayside. We broke off the relationship after a while went out separate ways. Looking in retrospect I wish we have smoked more often back then.

Over the next 29 years I would buy a pack of cigarettes and smoke 1 or 2 and throw the rest of the pack away not inhaling all that time. Finally in 2012 I felt like smoking and have read about how great it was to inhale I decided that day to try inhaling. I bought a pack of Misty 120 menthol and fired one up and inhaled for the 1st time at the age of 50. Boy it was a great feeling to inhale finally. I loved the getting a head rush for the 1st time in my life! In the past when I did smoke would be one cigarette and not smoke again for days. The day I smoked 3 Misty 120's right after another. I found that by inhaling now I was starting to feel I was getting hooked so I pulled back on smoking to keep that from happening and did not smoke for long periods at a time.

I should add I am/was a closet smoker and had to plan my smoking as not to come home smelling like I had been smoking, That being said I stopped smoking all together, I found I missed smoking, so I decided to try vaping. I bought a Blu disposable and have been vaping off and on for the past 3 years. I found I can vape for weeks on end and stop for a long time and not feel withdrawal at all which is fine by me. I know it's not healthy smoking or vaping but I like having some fun in life and do it anyway.

Andrew