Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Smoking Inside

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:19 PM
Entry Member

Heavytimes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smoking Inside

Greetings everyone!

New on here... But Iíve been reading for months so I supposed itís time to actually post. To give some background, I have been smoking for about 15 years. The first few years werenít much though until I moved out of my parents house. Iím currently smoking about a pack a day give or take.

My fiancť and I have been together for 7 years, recently engaged this past December. She is a non-smoker. For many of those early years, she really hated that I smoked. I never smoked around her because of it. That did change eventually, especially the last year or so. I think she just finally accepted me as a smoker.

Her mother recently started again after quitting for like 14 years. For the longest time, I didnít even know her mom and dad were ex-smokers and I decided to hide my habit from them for fear of judgment. Her husband, my fiancťís dad, passed away 2 years ago, which I think put a huge strain on her. Gradually, her mom is smoking more and within the past 6 months, has transitioned to smoking inside her home. I always look forward to visiting her mom now because I can smoke inside now!

I always smoke on my patio, but I wish I could smoke inside. I highly doubt she would allow that. Having to go inside and outside all the time is rather annoying but I have gotten used to it. I just wish I didnít have to do that. Any words of advice?
Old 05-25-2020, 08:13 AM

CandiR has a spectacular aura aboutCandiR has a spectacular aura aboutCandiR has a spectacular aura about

I'm lucky enough that I've always been able to smoke inside at home. Of course, at work it's a different matter.
Would your fiancťe be open to letting you smoke in one room of the house, or worst case, the garage? At least it would be more comfortable there during bad weather. Perhaps, if she's OK being in the your (future) mother-in-law's home when she's smoking, she may get used to it.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:57 AM

Staceyb is on a distinguished road

I smoke inside my own apartment and avoid if possible visiting people who won't let me light up inside- if I do they spend my visit outside with me because unless I'm working and being paid to fund my habit, I can not function.