Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new smoker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 03:16 PM

et9809 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new smoker

Hi, Ive became regular smoker since a few weeks now but my parents don't know yet. The big problem is that my addiction is getting stronger now and im almost smoking 20 cigarettes by day now. But, I can't smoke in front of my parents so I have big cravings and its getting difficult to handle ... I have to simulate going walking outside and smoking couple of cigs just to go into the day.

Now, im gonna travel by plane with them very soon and its gonna be the first time since im a smoker. I know i won't be able to handle it without a cigs because i realized that im addicted and need to smoke a lot to be confortable now.

Please i need tips.. I do love smoking because being addicted is so difficult to handle ... since im new to it its very stressful. I wonder how many packs i need to bring to pass the whole vacation week with my parents ...

thanks for helping me
alex
Old 02-09-2020, 03:18 PM

et9809 is an unknown quantity at this point

i wish i could pause my smoking just for one week but the reality is that i can't ...

living with an addiction is very different now
Old 02-10-2020, 10:26 AM

Goetz is an unknown quantity at this point

Alex,
You chose to become a smoker and after just a few weeks already realize you are addicted to cigarettes which means you won’t be quitting any time soon.
Just be a man and tell your parents you are now a smoker, they might not like it but will get used to it.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goetz View Post
Alex,
You chose to become a smoker and after just a few weeks already realize you are addicted to cigarettes which means you won’t be quitting any time soon.
Just be a man and tell your parents you are now a smoker, they might not like it but will get used to it.
I agree with Goetz. You already know the reality -- you said yourself. Tell your parents. In fact, at some point you'd have to tell them anyway, vacation or no. So you might as well do it now.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:27 AM

ThatGuyJason will become famous soon enough

I agree with what has been said. There really is nothing quite as bad as hiding something that you are from people. Likewise, they may not be happy about your decision but they will get used to it. It's also easier if it comes from you vs. them finding out some other way.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:49 AM

Norwegian84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome here!

Well, you can't smoke on the plane anyway, so you just have to handle it somehow.. But are you thinking about being able to smoke at the airport before and after the trip? If so, you either would have to break the news to your parents, or try to sneak away at the airport somehow. Is it a long plane trip you are headed out on?