Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Cigarette Warnings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2020, 11:43 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough
Default New Cigarette Warnings

Now they are thinking of showing gruesome photos of smoking patients on cigarette packs like they do in the UK as warnings. It seems to me that this could be counterproductive. I see posts on here like " Help me get addicted" and " I need to increase my number of cigarettes smoked in a 24 hour period". It is my theory that those photos actually make people want to smoke more out of some strange facination with self destruction or the thought of taboo. It is just a notion. I have nothing to support my theory. It just seems that way after reading posts from countries with these visual warnings.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:16 PM

mm63221 is on a distinguished road

I am so fascinated with smoking and the damage it does. If I saw these ads on cigarette packs and didn't smoke, I'd so get hooked. I agree.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:35 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mm63221 View Post
I am so fascinated with smoking and the damage it does. If I saw these ads on cigarette packs and didn't smoke, I'd so get hooked. I agree.
Some people collect Hot Wheels, beer cans, or baseball cards. I guess you could think ahead and collect cigarette pack warnings from the start.