Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » the cat is out of the bag

the cat is out of the bag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2020, 09:55 AM

Matthew2001 will become famous soon enough
Default the cat is out of the bag

When I got back home from a friendís last night my parents were waiting for me.
Mom was very agitated and I knew something was up. Dad very calmly told me to sit down and said that they knew I had started smoking and were not happy about it. Mom actually shouted at me that I had to quit or move out. My dad told her not to overreact. You know what we think about smoking Matt my dad said so why did you start. I started because I was curious and continued because I enjoy it I said. He was surprised when I told him I smoked about a pack a day and had no plans to quit anytime soon. I am not allowed to smoke at home but what you do outside of the house we canít control. Mom is very upset and wants me to quit.
In a way I feel better now and not like living two lives. My sister said, they will get used to it eventually, they donít bother me about my smoking anymore.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:10 AM

Marlboroman39 will become famous soon enoughMarlboroman39 will become famous soon enough

Did they say how they figured it out?
Old 01-20-2020, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I'm sure your sister is right, your mother will eventually get over it. That this happened sooner rather than later is for the best. You said it for yourself: you feel better now ... you can now be true to yourself and honest with others.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:28 PM

Dajohns11 will become famous soon enough

Although things are a bit uncomfortable at the moment, theyíll get used to it and youíre better off having it out in the open. Youíre of legal age so itís your choice.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:05 AM

KWSmoker is on a distinguished road

So did I understand correctly? Your mother is a smoker yet she doesn’t accept or understand your decision to smoke? What is her justification around this? Maybe I misunderstood.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Marlboroman39 View Post
Did they say how they figured it out?
My father saw me smoke outside a Burger King with some of my friends.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by KWSmoker View Post
So did I understand correctly? Your mother is a smoker yet she doesnít accept or understand your decision to smoke? What is her justification around this? Maybe I misunderstood.
No you did not misunderstand it, my mom is a smoker and her justification is that she thinks it is the worst decision she ever made to start smoking and didnít want her children to make the same mistake. Well both of them did as both my sister and I are smokers now, except that we donít think it is a mistake as we both enjoy being smokers.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:54 AM

KWSmoker is on a distinguished road

And your dad doesn’t smoke but is more accepting of it? She’ll get over it or at least come to terms with it but I imagine it makes you uncomfortable to smoke in front of her if there’s no option and you really need a smoke- wow, torture!
Old 01-22-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by KWSmoker View Post
And your dad doesnít smoke but is more accepting of it? Sheíll get over it or at least come to terms with it but I imagine it makes you uncomfortable to smoke in front of her if thereís no option and you really need a smoke- wow, torture!
My dad isnít happy about my smoking but does accept it. I am not allowed to smoke at home so donít smoke in front of my parents. As they now know I smoke, I do step outside for a much needed smoke before having breakfast.