Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » My first full year as a smoker

My first full year as a smoker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2020, 01:52 PM

CrownGirl will become famous soon enough
Default My first full year as a smoker

Hello and happy new year!

I had written a pretty lengthy message from my laptop but the system wouldn't allow me to post take 2!

I decided to become a regular smoker at the age of 39 at the end of December 2018. Now that I'm past the 1 year mark, I can say that I wish I would have started sooner! I come from a non smoking family and no they still don't know. I live with my partner for the past 1.5 years, who is a fairly heavy smoker and has been smoking for the past 15 years.

Brands: originally I had 3 brands: Pall Mall Red 100s, Camel Blue Wides, and Maroboro Red 100s. On Tuesday(1/7), I decided to try L&M Red 100s and those clicked with me, so now I have 4.

Since the summer I'd say I've been a solid 1ppd smoker as far as the quantity of 20/pack. Over the holidays, I went a lil over 1ppd. This week, I did hit the 1.5/ppd. Not planned, just was enjoying my cigarettes.

I've been a consistent 1/2pk by the time I step into my office at work. That's not hard to do. 5 at home and another 5 driving to work.

I actually love chainsmoking to/from work. Over the year I went from 2 cigarettes to work and 2 from work to 3 each way, to 4, to 5, to 6. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and while our traffic is not as bad as NY or LA it can get very stressful. If the weather is bad or there's an accident I can have over an hour commute.

I love chainsmoking on my lunch break. I get an hour from lunch and I went from having 4 on break to having 9 or 10. I have to leave the office campus in order to smoke so as soon as I pull out of the parking lot I light up. Depending on my destination I'll have 1 or 2 driving then sit and have 2 more before going in. I'll have 2 or 3 in that parking lot them another 2 driving back to the office. When I return I am very, very relaxed! I work full time so I do have to go 4 hours after lunch before going home.

I used to be self and about buying multiple packs and that did go away. I keep 2 lighters in the car just in case. I keep packs in the car and packs in the house so I am not without. I love the smell of opening a brand new pack. I do keep febreeze and bath and body works spray in the car so when coming into work I don't offend my coworkers....well at least no one has said anything to me, lol. I used to be self conscious about my car smelling like smoke and honestly I don't care anymore. I'll leave the windows open in the garage overnight and cracked open a little during the day at work but no big deal to me.

It used to sound scary to say I'm a smoker and I used to be scared of the cost but I enjoy smoking so much that I'm not willing to give it up.

Thanks for having me here. Looking forward to year 2 and many more to come!

Last edited by CrownGirl; 01-09-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Phone froze in the middle of typing
Old 01-09-2020, 02:37 PM

Marlboroman39 will become famous soon enoughMarlboroman39 will become famous soon enough
Smile

Thatís awesome. Great story on your journey. Too bad you didnít start sooner but at least youíre a smoker now
Old 01-10-2020, 01:38 AM

Nina the Smoker is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! You sound like such a great smoker!

Stories like yours make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Cigarettes are wonderful and I love to hear about other people's discovery of that.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:12 PM

Reckless will become famous soon enough

I used to worry about buying upwards of 4 packs every visit to "restock" but after the first few times of multi pack buying that went away, especially since places dont always carry b&h menthol premiums stocking up prevents a headache when i need a fresh pack. Hell i have never seen a carton to just buy @ once in like years..

People are going to know you smoke i would mentally just accept that. The smell they will get used to over time and just realize that is apart of you. I dont even care much if they dont like to ride in my slightly smokey new car. Yes my new car i smoke in it whenever i want.

Glad to hear you enjoy smoking so much!
Old 01-10-2020, 10:44 PM

Dajohns11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CrownGirl View Post
Hello and happy new year!

I had written a pretty lengthy message from my laptop but the system wouldn't allow me to post take 2!

I decided to become a regular smoker at the age of 39 at the end of December 2018. Now that I'm past the 1 year mark, I can say that I wish I would have started sooner! I come from a non smoking family and no they still don't know. I live with my partner for the past 1.5 years, who is a fairly heavy smoker and has been smoking for the past 15 years.

Brands: originally I had 3 brands: Pall Mall Red 100s, Camel Blue Wides, and Maroboro Red 100s. On Tuesday(1/7), I decided to try L&M Red 100s and those clicked with me, so now I have 4.

Since the summer I'd say I've been a solid 1ppd smoker as far as the quantity of 20/pack. Over the holidays, I went a lil over 1ppd. This week, I did hit the 1.5/ppd. Not planned, just was enjoying my cigarettes.

I've been a consistent 1/2pk by the time I step into my office at work. That's not hard to do. 5 at home and another 5 driving to work.

I actually love chainsmoking to/from work. Over the year I went from 2 cigarettes to work and 2 from work to 3 each way, to 4, to 5, to 6. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and while our traffic is not as bad as NY or LA it can get very stressful. If the weather is bad or there's an accident I can have over an hour commute.

I love chainsmoking on my lunch break. I get an hour from lunch and I went from having 4 on break to having 9 or 10. I have to leave the office campus in order to smoke so as soon as I pull out of the parking lot I light up. Depending on my destination I'll have 1 or 2 driving then sit and have 2 more before going in. I'll have 2 or 3 in that parking lot them another 2 driving back to the office. When I return I am very, very relaxed! I work full time so I do have to go 4 hours after lunch before going home.

I used to be self and about buying multiple packs and that did go away. I keep 2 lighters in the car just in case. I keep packs in the car and packs in the house so I am not without. I love the smell of opening a brand new pack. I do keep febreeze and bath and body works spray in the car so when coming into work I don't offend my coworkers....well at least no one has said anything to me, lol. I used to be self conscious about my car smelling like smoke and honestly I don't care anymore. I'll leave the windows open in the garage overnight and cracked open a little during the day at work but no big deal to me.

It used to sound scary to say I'm a smoker and I used to be scared of the cost but I enjoy smoking so much that I'm not willing to give it up.

Thanks for having me here. Looking forward to year 2 and many more to come!
Congrats on your anniversary and for discovering this pleasurable habit! sounds as though you are making up for lost time! You certainly deserve it after íbeing goodí for all those years! Great that youíve really embraced it, and that you made a conscious decision to start. How does it compare with what youíd expected?
Old 01-11-2020, 12:24 AM

SamanthaD has a spectacular aura aboutSamanthaD has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations.I can definitely identify with the car smelling like smoke because mine is the same way and I also smoke in the car on the way to work and on the way home.It sounds like you're enjoying yourself and I'm glad the journey is going well
Old 01-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Sergey is an unknown quantity at this point

Great! It's easy actually to smoke more and more. For example me, chain smoke cigs at the car one after another every time no matter how long i drive. And i smoke half pack only when im driving to work
Old 01-11-2020, 04:04 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

Good to see that the transition later in life from being non-smoker to a smoker has worked out for you CG.

I think that we both had similar fears and nerves about starting later in life, but, once you get over the initial nerves and everyone gets used to you being a smoker, it becomes a non-issue.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:19 AM

Newportlover82 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is awesome you have become a great committed smoker in a years time. It makes me happy to hear individual success stories from people like you who tell us how much you enjoy and have increased your smoking enjoyment. Congratulations and may you have many more happy smoker years to come.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:36 PM
Entry Member

Mustermann is on a distinguished road

You seem to be very happy about your situation and that's great! You made a conscious choice of your own and I'm glad that you didn't regret it.