Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Started again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2019, 09:21 PM

Dumaurier is on a distinguished road
Default Started again

I quit cold turkey for about 8 months. I dabbled a bit, had a cigarette every few days. A pack lasted me over a month. Lately the urge has been creeping up. I don't have the cravings back yet but I have the mental desire to smoke. The pack the lasted me over a month were gross native cigarettes that had been open a year, so needless to say they were not very good. Tonight on my way home from work I got the sudden urge to have a fresh cigarette of my brand. I stopped at my convenience store and bought a pack, I had to ask for matches as I didn't even have a lighter in my car. As I lit up a fresh smoke of my own brand with a match nonetheless the feeling of the first smooth, flavourful drag filled my lungs and felt so good. I had another one a few hours later and plan on smoking one more before bed. Amazing how fast the routine comes back. Oh how I missed smoking.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:15 AM

smokingbear is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back!
Old 01-04-2020, 09:40 AM

Sergey is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice! But try to be under some limit of smoking, because its easy to smoke more and more!
Old 01-04-2020, 06:32 PM

KWSmoker is on a distinguished road

Reminds you of when you first started experimenting doesn’t it? Don’t fight it- Just roll with it and enjoy it.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:52 PM

Dajohns11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dumaurier View Post
I quit cold turkey for about 8 months. I dabbled a bit, had a cigarette every few days. A pack lasted me over a month. Lately the urge has been creeping up. I don't have the cravings back yet but I have the mental desire to smoke. The pack the lasted me over a month were gross native cigarettes that had been open a year, so needless to say they were not very good. Tonight on my way home from work I got the sudden urge to have a fresh cigarette of my brand. I stopped at my convenience store and bought a pack, I had to ask for matches as I didn't even have a lighter in my car. As I lit up a fresh smoke of my own brand with a match nonetheless the feeling of the first smooth, flavourful drag filled my lungs and felt so good. I had another one a few hours later and plan on smoking one more before bed. Amazing how fast the routine comes back. Oh how I missed smoking.
How is it going Dumaurier? Imagine that by now you’re back in your old routine...
Old 01-09-2020, 09:41 AM

Heike will become famous soon enoughHeike will become famous soon enough

I never quit, never tried, but I remember when my sister quit during her first pregnancy. She managed to be smoke-free for three months before she lost her quit. Immediately, the addiction was back, like she never quit, even with a bit of a vengeance. I believe there's really no such thing as an ex-smoker. There are smokers, non-smokers, and, smokers who aren't currently smoking but still smokers. Once a smoker, always a smoker!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:02 PM

Chainsmokingcowgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Heike View Post
I never quit, never tried, but I remember when my sister quit during her first pregnancy. She managed to be smoke-free for three months before she lost her quit. Immediately, the addiction was back, like she never quit, even with a bit of a vengeance. I believe there's really no such thing as an ex-smoker. There are smokers, non-smokers, and, smokers who aren't currently smoking but still smokers. Once a smoker, always a smoker!

I do the same - once a smoker, always a smoker! Quitting is wrong, enjoying every cigarette is right and right!

I smoked in all pregnancies and used and enjoyed every cigarette, the daughters are all healthy and have been smoking intensively themselves.

So did your sister start smoking again nicely in the middle of pregnancy?
Old 03-24-2020, 08:59 AM

Bernard81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dumaurier View Post
That's okay. My username here was Backtosmoking81 but it's not working anymore. I started smoking again a few months ago after I quit for a year. My girlfriend (who I met at work) started taking vape/smoke breaks together and I couldn't resist the smell of cigarettes and slowly started to creep up. I use to be only a 1/2 pack a smoker, but with the social distancing rules (we are only seeing each other and our families), I'm smoking 1.5 packs per day. She told me she is up to 3 packs on some days because she's getting bored lol.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:59 PM

Chainsmokingcowgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy smoking together Bernard!

Awesome that your girlfriend has become a heavy smoker and smokes up to 3 packs a day - is it a great feeling for her?

How old is your girlfriend?
Old 05-27-2020, 08:28 AM

Bernard1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chainsmokingcowgirl View Post
Enjoy smoking together Bernard!

Awesome that your girlfriend has become a heavy smoker and smokes up to 3 packs a day - is it a great feeling for her?

How old is your girlfriend?
Hi, same person as above, login issues. My g/f is 37 and I'm 39. I don't know if it's a great feeling for her, but seems like she seems to enjoy it a lot. Over the past few months, I notice my intake has gone up to about 2.5 packs per day on average. Usually when we spend the day together now, I know that we'll share and we go through 7 to 8 packs together since we are mostly at home, cooking, taking a walk, cleaning, chatting or eating.