Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Been smoking now for two years..

Been smoking now for two years..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2019, 01:05 AM

ThatGuyJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Been smoking now for two years..

It's crazy to think but that other Anti Experiment thread reminded me that I took the first challenge 2 years ago.

Nothing could have prepared me for the change in my daily life smoking would bring and I don't really regret it at all. I'm obviously hopelessly addicted and totally cool with that. Never in my wildest dream did I imagine I'd be here 2 years later being an almost pack and a half smoker, still at 25ish a day if you're wondering.

Nonsmoker me feels like such a distant memory at this point. I believe I mentioned this during my 1st year anniversary post but I can't imagine a life where the first thing I do every morning wasn't to reach for my cigarettes and light one up and take a long drag to satisfy a craving after a couple hours of not smoking. Feeling the warm smoke in my lungs is such an indescribable pleasure. Likewise, having a cig or 2 right before bed is a necessity in order to sleep soundly.

So yeah, shout out to those who were there in my very first thread telling me I'd be addicted, you were right. Shout out to those who warned me against it, kinda glad I didn't take your advice. 😉
Old 12-03-2019, 04:30 AM

jthesmoker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default addicted

I'm glad you did this experiment. It was really inspiring.
And I'm glad you failed. I still laugh when I re-read your first post here, and how sure you were you would not become a smoker.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:04 PM

Dajohns11 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ThatGuyJason View Post
It's crazy to think but that other Anti Experiment thread reminded me that I took the first challenge 2 years ago.

Nothing could have prepared me for the change in my daily life smoking would bring and I don't really regret it at all. I'm obviously hopelessly addicted and totally cool with that. Never in my wildest dream did I imagine I'd be here 2 years later being an almost pack and a half smoker, still at 25ish a day if you're wondering.

Nonsmoker me feels like such a distant memory at this point. I believe I mentioned this during my 1st year anniversary post but I can't imagine a life where the first thing I do every morning wasn't to reach for my cigarettes and light one up and take a long drag to satisfy a craving after a couple hours of not smoking. Feeling the warm smoke in my lungs is such an indescribable pleasure. Likewise, having a cig or 2 right before bed is a necessity in order to sleep soundly.

So yeah, shout out to those who were there in my very first thread telling me I'd be addicted, you were right. Shout out to those who warned me against it, kinda glad I didn't take your advice. 😉
Congrats on the anniversary Jason and here’s to many more! Good to know you have been converted from an anti to an admirer and that you have embraced it with no reservations. Know what you mean about the old way being a distant memory - but it sounds as though you are happy with it that way. Imagine that this habit is way more enjoyable than you’d imagined. That’s certainly been my experience since I started seven years ago...
Old 12-06-2019, 01:25 AM

ThatGuyJason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dajohns11 View Post
Congrats on the anniversary Jason and here’s to many more! Good to know you have been converted from an anti to an admirer and that you have embraced it with no reservations. Know what you mean about the old way being a distant memory - but it sounds as though you are happy with it that way. Imagine that this habit is way more enjoyable than you’d imagined. That’s certainly been my experience since I started seven years ago...
I am definitely happy with the fact that I smoke and I wouldn't change it for anything. You would think one would get bored with smoking, but here I am, enjoying each cigarette more than the last.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:05 AM

Jack2900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the smokers club. Enjoy!