Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Were you attracted to your husband or wife because they were a smoker?

Were you attracted to your husband or wife because they were a smoker?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2019, 03:55 AM

GS748 will become famous soon enough
Default Were you attracted to your husband or wife because they were a smoker?

My wife and I met in college. A local bar near the campus used to have what they called “5 O’clock Club” every Friday. Sheryl and I met at one of these events. After talking for a couples of minutes, she lit a Marlboro 100 and proceeded to pop off a series of gorgeous snap inhales. I knew at that moment, if she would have me, that was the woman I was going to marry.

We were married soon after graduation, and are still very happily married, and still smoking with no plans to quit. Just wondering if anyone else had a simple experience.

Last edited by GS748; 11-21-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:31 AM

smokey68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh the 80s and Early 90s

I was totally on the hunt for hot women smokers in college in the late 80s and early 90s when smoking was allowed everywhere. You didn't have to go outside. They were right there in the bar!

I met my now wife, and quickly found out she was a social smoker. We got married, and she started smoking daily about a year into our marriage. She was a light smoker, but still smoked every day. Smoked for about 12 years minus when she was pregnant. She never started up after the 4th kid. Total anti now. She even mentioned this morning how much she hates cigarette smoke. Little does she know I have been smoking again in the closet for the last 5 years. Yes, I am extremely careful about smoking these days. I don't need that argument!
Old 11-21-2019, 12:16 PM

mm63221 is on a distinguished road

I'm ONLY attracted to those who smoke 120s. Having said that, as a divorced father, I lived on my own chain smoking More 120s in my long brown holder. I did date here and there, but never really was looking for a wife. When I met my wife(online dating site), she was a nonsmoker. I told her that I'm only attracted to heavy smokers who smoke More 120s.(I know, it sounds shallow, but--it is what it is. My fetish dictates that).

On our first date, she tried a More 120 in a spare holder I had. She liked it, and for the rest of our date, casually smoked More 120s. She did cough a good bit at first, but adjusted quickly. On her way home from our first date, she stopped by the store and bough a pack of Mores and said she wanted to get hooked. 2 weeks later, she was soooo hooked on More 120s. Now 4 yrs later, we're married and she smokes More 120s/240 length in her long brown holder like me.

She's told me she loves the long brown look and strong taste and wishes she would have started sooner in life.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:05 PM

Guynextdoor is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it was more something we had in common and could do together that helped bring us together. We were both in the military at the time in our early 20's, we are only 4 month apart in age. We share similar stories of how we started, he at age 8 and me at age 10. We both enjoy smoking and like to have a good time so it just fit well within our relationship. I was attracted to him before I knew he smoked, but it helped us form a strong bond after finding out I suppose.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:45 AM

reinhard is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes, I was having a smoke when a very cute guy steps out and also lights up and immediately felt very attracted to him.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:05 AM

Dave1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Were you attracted to your husband or wife because they were a smoker?

My wife and I first met at a new years party 90/91. Front porch of apartment, having a smoke, when she comes out with one of her roommates for a smoke. As mentioned before, she was only a social puffer. She and her roommate share a Marlboro light, until her 2 older brothers come out and she immediately hands the cigarette to her friend . She did not want her brothers to see her smoking! I did find her quite attractive puffing on that cigarette though. She did not look like a smoker.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:30 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

No, it was his dreamy baby blue eyes that caught my attention.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:38 PM

G_H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GS748 View Post
My wife and I met in college. A local bar near the campus used to have what they called “5 O’clock Club” every Friday. Sheryl and I met at one of these events. After talking for a couples of minutes, she lit a Marlboro 100 and proceeded to pop off a series of gorgeous snap inhales. I knew at that moment, if she would have me, that was the woman I was going to marry.

We were married soon after graduation, and are still very happily married, and still smoking with no plans to quit. Just wondering if anyone else had a simple experience.
I met my wife at a wedding.

I had just started a new job, and one of my co-workers came by to invite me to his wedding that weekend. I graciously tried to bow out, but he was persistent so I went anyway, just to see the "I do's" and go home. After the ceremony I walked out and there was this absolutely fabulous looking woman talking to her friends.....I almost fell off the steps since I was staring at her. A tall blonde with the sun behind her, framing her face in a soft glow (I can still see it now).

Went to the reception hoping to see her again, and she wasn't there. They had a smoking area out back so I went out to smoke. And there she was, cigarette in her mouth, trying to get her lighter to work. I walked up and gave the greatest pick-up line in history...."Here, let me light you up" as I got out my lighter. As I recall it was a Benson & Hedges 100.

She was taking huge puffs as I lit my own cigarette and we chatted for a while. I loved seeing her smoking style, too, very elegant (she later said she had practiced in front of mirrors and looked at people smoking in movies to "look good and get it right"). I was so stunned I could hardly get any words out. Went inside together and hung out during the reception, periodically going out to the smoking area. By then I had switched to menthols, which she emphatically did not want when I offered her one of mine (to this day she will only smoke menthols in an emergency). At the end I asked her to go out on a date and she accepted.

After a few dates we realized it was serious. She especially liked that when I showed up with a carton of Benson & Hedges 100s, after about our third date, I cared about her enough to accept her as a smoker.....if you didn't see her puffing away you'd never guess that she smoked. Other guys that she had dated either were turned off by her smoking or wanted her to quit.

We've been married over 38 years....still smoking together and now with our 3 kids.

Funny thing....her lighter had always worked until that one time when I lit her up, and worked perfectly afterwards.

Last edited by G_H; 11-23-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:57 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

Smoking helped open the door to our relationship, but, there's far more to maintaining a good relationship than a pack of cigarettes.

I was in a relationship at the time when, by chance, we met and it was something about her flirtatous smile that got my attention and once she bought a pack of cigs and smiled back at me and waited for me, it was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up and we stepped outside and shared a couple of cigs and we got to know each other, started dating and after our first kiss, I knew Brieanna was the one and in less than 6 weeks, on Memorial Day last year at her parents house, I proposed to Brieanna and we were married last September and we are looking forward to all the fun and adventures the future holds.

The fact that we both smoke doesn't define our relationship.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:13 PM

Dogfather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attracted to smokers

I've never been married, but I did have a long relationship with a woman who smoked cigarettes. I found her attractive the first time I met her, but her smoking was the clincher. I told her that I get turned on by attractive women smoking cigarettes. She didn't freak out. In fact, she gleefully indulged me. Going to her apartment was like going to Disneyland -- cigarettes and sex all evening.
I used to be willing to date non-smoking women, but not any more.