Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » How would you rate your personal smoking etiquette?

How would you rate your personal smoking etiquette?

View Poll Results: How would you rate your personal smoking etiquette?
Good - Always respectful of smoking rules 12 40.00%
Fair - Some lapses in judgment from time to time 16 53.33%
Poor - I constantly break rules 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2019, 05:55 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road
Default How would you rate your personal smoking etiquette?

In reading all the comments and feedback from everyone on here and from my own personal experiences as a smoker, how would you rate your overall personal smoking etiquette?

Look forward to your comments and feedback and any personal experiences on any good or bad moments in your smoking etiquette
Old 11-16-2019, 05:59 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road

I hope most of us are respectful. People are anti smoking enough, we don’t need to give them fuel for the fire.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:34 PM

MarlboroRedGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

I try to be pretty respectful but I have had lapses like in high school smoking in the bathrooms and locker room. College smoking in the locker room and smoking in some non-smoking hotel rooms and a few other places like a stairwell at a big office building I was working in.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:54 PM

Number 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted Good.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:21 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

Believe it or not, this one was kind of tough for me and I voted fair because due to the wording, I figured it was a good compromise. Iím always courteous out in public with my smoking but every day I break rules because technically, I am not supposed to leave campus during the teaching day unless authorized by admin and sign out in the office. But, I always drive a couple of blocks to a shopping center parking lot to smoke daily on my lunch break and during my planning period. Iím sure admin is aware I (and others) do this because there are cameras everywhere inside and out. Leaving unobserved is virtually impossible. Luckily we have a very cool admin.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:56 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RitaR View Post
Believe it or not, this one was kind of tough for me and I voted fair because due to the wording, I figured it was a good compromise. Iím always courteous out in public with my smoking but every day I break rules because technically, I am not supposed to leave campus during the teaching day unless authorized by admin and sign out in the office. But, I always drive a couple of blocks to a shopping center parking lot to smoke daily on my lunch break and during my planning period. Iím sure admin is aware I (and others) do this because there are cameras everywhere inside and out. Leaving unobserved is virtually impossible. Luckily we have a very cool admin.
Wow. When I taught in the public schools, I thankfully didnít have to sign out during those times. Like you, I didnít have to go far to smoke. Good thing you have a good administrator. Iím older and remember the days when teachers could smoke in the teachers lounge. Do you have any fellow teachers who go smoke with you? I had another teacher who would go with me at lunch most days to smoke.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:14 AM

harryp is on a distinguished road

Iím respectful most of the time, but sometimes, I light up to close to a door or entrance and Iíve been yelled at more than a few times, but, Iíll move and not say anything.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:59 AM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PallMalllover View Post
Wow. When I taught in the public schools, I thankfully didnít have to sign out during those times. Like you, I didnít have to go far to smoke. Good thing you have a good administrator. Iím older and remember the days when teachers could smoke in the teachers lounge. Do you have any fellow teachers who go smoke with you? I had another teacher who would go with me at lunch most days to smoke.
Currently, Iím a lone wolf. In the past, I typically had a companion or two with me but that has changed due to transfers and such.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:49 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

For the most part, I've been very respectful about not smoking in front of non-smokers (both family and friends), but, I have had some lapses from time to time and I should know better.

There are times when it's tough to step away from family/friends, but, sometimes, you just have to excuse yourself and I always do that and make sure to smoke away from entrances and doors, but, sometimes, there are times when the urges just get to me and I've lit up a little to close and while others have brushed it off, I should know better and it's something I continue to work on.

Thanks for all the feedback so far....
Old 11-18-2019, 03:52 AM

pieter will become famous soon enough

95% of the time I could vote good but there just are times when the need to light up and smoke is too great and takes over. Never in places where smoking is not allowed but in front of non-smokers which I usually donít do.