Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accidents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 01:08 PM

MarlboroRedGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accidents

I've been smoking 25 years now and have had my fair share of accidents while smoking. I've left a trail of burn holes in shirts, shorts, jeans, boxers and just about anything wearable. I've burned holes in my chair and sofa and my truck seat over the years.

It's a danger we all know exists when you are a smoker. Cigarettes are burning objects afterall.

This morning while watching some TV I was chaining and lighting fresh cigs from the butt of the last cigarette and knocked the cherry off onto my chest where i flicked it away. A minute or two later and my upper leg is smoking and burning. The ember landed on my favorite pair of boxers and burned right through them and onto my skin.

What is the worst smoking accident you have ever had?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:15 PM

Heike will become famous soon enough

I'm fortunate to not have had any serious accidents. But, over the years, I've accidentally gotten burn holes in numerous blouses.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:46 PM

Guynextdoor is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst smoking accident I had was when I was out on my deck during the winter around 9 pm or so, my son was 2 at the time and wanted to come outside with me, it was icy and cold and he only had his diaper on and wrapped himself in a blanket. I told him to stay inside but he was starting to cry and whine so to shut him up I put my smoke in the corner of my mouth and picked him up to carry him to my chair on the deck so he could sit on my lap. I smoked for a minute with him sitting there but then he started pointing at stuff and reached up toward my face. He was being a bit obnoxious and wouldn't sit still and knocked my half finished cigarette from my mouth onto his lap and into the fold of his blanket, I couldn't find it in the dark for a few seconds and stood up and shook the blanket from him and me. I found it after it had melted a silver dollar sized hole in his polyester fleece blanket. Thankfully nobody was injured, but the blanket got thrown away and I learned a lesson.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:21 AM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

Had a cigarette break in the parking lot at work at Home Depot on a land scaping island... crushed out my Marb red and the mulch caught fire and slowly smoldered/burned away. We were only allowed to smoke in our cars but I had a brand new rental while mine was in the shop after a crash and didn't smoke in it so I sat on the island.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:53 PM

Number 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Too many accidents to post about, need alone remember, but one that stands out in my mind is the clothesline accident, where I was taking a load of diapers down off the line. I'd unpin a few diapers at a time, turn, bend, then deposit the diapers into the plastic laundry basket, then stand back up, turn, grab the line and draw it in towards me to pull more diapers off the line.

Had a freshly lit cigarette hanging from my mouth this day (as I usually did), and as I turned to draw in the line, I pulled a pair of rubber pants right into my cigarette.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:53 PM

George1 will become famous soon enough
Default Shorts

I once dropped a lit cigarette on my shorts while driving. The cigarette burned a hole clean through my shorts All smokers have stories like this.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:49 PM

Also remember dropping my cigarette on our newly laid linoleum floor in the bathroom.

Cigarette burn remains to this day.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:04 PM

MarlboroRedGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Number 7 View Post
Also remember dropping my cigarette on our newly laid linoleum floor in the bathroom.

Cigarette burn remains to this day.
My wife bought some expensive sheets online a few years ago and one of us dropped some hot ash onto them while in bed so she called the company and told them what happened. They immediately sent her a new set of sheets because they valued a great customer experience. We had the sheets a week maybe.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:41 PM

pasmoke is on a distinguished road

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has burn holes in my car, my clothes and my sheets!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by MarlboroRedGuy View Post
My wife bought some expensive sheets online a few years ago and one of us dropped some hot ash onto them while in bed so she called the company and told them what happened. They immediately sent her a new set of sheets because they valued a great customer experience. We had the sheets a week maybe.
How lucky. Flooring, not so easy.