Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Smelling like smoke around customers

Smelling like smoke around customers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Will Smoke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smelling like smoke around customers

I work in sales, and a good portion of my job requires me to be in the customers home. I often wonder how strongly I smell when in a nonsmoking home and if that affects the number of sales I make. I am successful but could always do better. I smoke in my vehicle when I am out during the day, but I try to keep my car smelling good and often air out when finished by rolling several windows down. I typically have wet wipes to wash my hands and always have gum before meeting a customer, but I know thatís not going to eliminate the odor completely. I donít like the idea of sprays for men. For me their smell is worse than smoke. Does anyone else experience a similar situation during your work day and how do you handle it?
Old 10-12-2019, 09:13 AM

RitaR will become famous soon enough

Try using Febreeze on your clothes before going in to meet your customers.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Will Smoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RitaR View Post
Try using Febreeze on your clothes before going in to meet your customers.
Thanks RitaR, Febreze is one I have not tried spraying on me, but I hate smelling too strongly of anything. Looks like they have some mild scents. Iíll report back. I was more wondering if anyone had experienced a similar situation where the smell had turned off a customer to the point of not purchasing. I have only had one customer say anything but Iím pretty sure everyone notices the lingering odor and things like that can affect the buying decision.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:29 PM

KWSmoker is on a distinguished road

Will, why does the fact that you smoke and smell like smoke affect another persons buying decision? Are you sure that is the reason? Not sure that smoking should be a factor in someone making a decision about something that is unrelated-How do you know this is a factor?