Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Getting that last drag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 08:45 AM

MarlboroRedGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting that last drag

My son made a comment to me last week that I look like I always get the last bit of smoke as I go into places. As we were heading into WalMart I took the last drag on my Red, tossed it on the ground (no ashtrays) and exhaled a plume of smoke well after we were inside the doors. After he made this comment I noticed it actually happens like that. Later during the weekend I was finishing up a Red as we headed in for dinner at one of those fast-casual places and I did the same thing.

Does this happen to anyone else? Do you notice?
Old 10-07-2019, 09:32 AM

docmarlboro is on a distinguished road

I see it happen a lot when people ditch the butt and walk in. It takes a number of exhales to clear out the lungs.
Do Marlboro red filters collapse on you at the end of the smoke?
Old 10-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by docmarlboro View Post
I see it happen a lot when people ditch the butt and walk in. It takes a number of exhales to clear out the lungs.
Do Marlboro red filters collapse on you at the end of the smoke?
Not really Camels do though especially the crush ones.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:40 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

I'm definitely guilty as charged in doing that when walking into a store, restaurant or work, etc and I'm probably not the only one doing it.

I usually try to make sure the final hit and exhale close to the front door, but still respectful of all the non-smokers and not get in their way.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:06 PM

lambertandbutler is on a distinguished road

I always take couple big drags and chuck cig when going in places. Whenever Buying ciggies from local shop have couple big drags before go in and have smoke pumping out as asking for my cigarettes. Both the men working there are smokers and often outside smoking as arrive or go for smoke after serving me. One of my son's has said see the smoke going across counter at the man in shop when asking for ciggies. Say that he don't mind because is a smoker too and love the taste of smoke when talking.

Originally Posted by MarlboroRedGuy View Post
My son made a comment to me last week that I look like I always get the last bit of smoke as I go into places. As we were heading into WalMart I took the last drag on my Red, tossed it on the ground (no ashtrays) and exhaled a plume of smoke well after we were inside the doors. After he made this comment I noticed it actually happens like that. Later during the weekend I was finishing up a Red as we headed in for dinner at one of those fast-casual places and I did the same thing.

Does this happen to anyone else? Do you notice?
Old 10-13-2019, 08:47 AM

cigs4todd is on a distinguished road

My brother commented on me doing it as well, never realized I did it until he pointed it out to me.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:53 AM

Jack2900 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always take a couple power drags before going into a store. I’m sure I’m exhaling some residual smoke on the other side of the entrance.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jack2900 View Post
I always take a couple power drags before going into a store. Iím sure Iím exhaling some residual smoke on the other side of the entrance.
I'm the same. You never know when you will be able to smoke another one when going in some of those places. When the wife and I go Christmas shopping I carry a can of dip in my back pocket and will usually buy a drink when we go in so I have somewhere to spit.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:11 PM

lambertandbutler is on a distinguished road

Last weekend my I gave my son my cig to told as went in shop to buy fags and he said that I always take 3 drags before going in shop to get fags and can see smoke coming out when asking for them. Thinks looks cool that walk in as blowing smoke out my nose. I said am a smoker and like the taste as smoke pumps out speaking and looks cool.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:25 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road

I hate to waste a good cigarette, so I always finish the cigarette before entering wherever I am going. Most places have ashtrays near the entrance. By the time I have discarded the butt, probably all I have left are residuals. Miss the days when you could smoke most anywhere.