Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2019, 12:54 AM

Observer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice

Iím a 38 year old non-smoker, but Iíve always been fascinated with smoking, particularly the pleasure that smokers get from it despite the health risks. Over the years Iíve periodically had temptations to try smoking, which can last weeks before fading. More recently, though, these periods are getting more frequent and stronger and stronger.

I know the risks, but for weeks at a time I just want know what itís like to smoke. I want to know how pleasurable it can be. And then the feeling fades, and then it comes back.

Iíve tried vaping, but I donít get the sense that itís the same thing, or provides the same experience. That said, I still for some reason have my vape pen. I never got rid of it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 09-21-2019, 03:18 AM

ThatGuyJason is an unknown quantity at this point

As a smoker, the only thing I can recommend is trying out smoking. It seems like you really want to try it and regardless of whether you end up liking it or not, I feel like you won't actually calm down until the moment you actually try it out.

I would buy a pack and attempt it, if it's for you, you'll know, and if it's not, at least you tried it.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:46 AM

Max84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I was in a similar situation about 11 years ago. I really wanted to try smoking, but I had mixed feelings about it. Finally I tried smoking and it was a fascinating and a very cool experience. It was really different to what I thought it will be. If you really want to try smoking you should do it to end your curiosity. Maybe you will like it or maybe not, but you will never know before giving it a try. I never regretted to try smoking, even though I have still the mixed feelings about it.
If you want to contact me you can fell free to do it. Maybe it could help you to talk to someone with similar experiences.

your Max
Old 09-22-2019, 01:20 PM

Dajohns11 will become famous soon enough

Youíve certainly come to the right place and my recommendation would be to give it a try. You may not really enjoy it initially but if you smoke a few cigarettes every day, itís a fair bet that after a couple of weeks youíll be well on your way to being a regular smoker. Then youíll discover the real pleasure and thereíll be no turning back. Keep us posted!
Old 09-23-2019, 01:42 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

Agree with everyone else so far; if you are curious, the only way to know for sure is to give it a go.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:37 AM

Sergey is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course u should try it! But stay under the some limit. Because smoking without control lets to you to smoking huge amount of cigarettes per day
Old 10-02-2019, 06:34 PM

RQDonaldson76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you still a 38 year old non-smoker or have you given in to temptation and are a 38 year old smoker now?
Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 AM

Observer is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried it.

It became easier to smoke far sooner than I expected it to, so I had to make a quick decision whilst I still could.

For various reasons, I decided that it was best to stop for the time being. Maybe in future Iíll come back to it, but Iíll have to wait for that.