Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Does smoking make you tired?

Does smoking make you tired?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 AM

docmarlboro is on a distinguished road
Default Does smoking make you tired?

I've noticed that when I smoke Marlboro Reds they seem to make me tired. I've tried other brands and not had the same experience but when I go back to Reds (which is like 100% of the time) I notice the fatigue returns.
Anybody have similar reaction?
Thoughts?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:31 PM

KWSmoker is on a distinguished road

Well, your the doc lol! Sorry, couldn’t resist haha!

So I have celiac disease and can get adrenal fatigue because nic messes up my sleep some a little like caffeine- I discovered that you can also have orthostatic hypotension with adrenal fatigue- I take an adrenal support supplement which is working great- That May be all you need
Old 09-12-2019, 03:14 PM

Dead Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Cigarettes are Cyanide, Carbon Monoxide and GABAergic inhalants such as toluene. Cyanide is formed from combustion of nicotine, there is more Cyanide then nicotine in a cigarette. Cyanide is what causes the cigarette euphoria, not nicotine. It's something to adapt to, but Cyanide mainly wears out the active set of nerve channels, not the inactive sets available, acting in a psychedelic fashion. Try going out of your way to change your state of mind.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Girl View Post
Cigarettes are Cyanide, Carbon Monoxide and GABAergic inhalants such as toluene. Cyanide is formed from combustion of nicotine, there is more Cyanide then nicotine in a cigarette. Cyanide is what causes the cigarette euphoria, not nicotine. It's something to adapt to, but Cyanide mainly wears out the active set of nerve channels, not the inactive sets available, acting in a psychedelic fashion. Try going out of your way to change your state of mind.
Zero sense made.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by docmarlboro View Post
Zero sense made.
The parts of the brain most active during the smoke get sleepier because of more blood flow
Old 09-12-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Girl View Post
The parts of the brain most active during the smoke get sleepier because of more blood flow
Doubtful. Very doubtful.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by docmarlboro View Post
Doubtful. Very doubtful.
This is the secret mechanism behind the smoke, where the rest of the brain awakens and the default mode network finds a new focal point resulting in mood and personality changes.

Every time you smoke this happens, the brain falls and rises. Call it psuedoscience but it's true to me. Think about it next time you smoke and feel tired. Try talking in your head to switch your brain activity center to the temporal lobe rather then frontal lobe, and you may find your fatigue evaporates

Marlboro reds have always made me feel energetic must be a different for you

Last edited by Dead Girl; 09-12-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:22 AM

MarbSmkr is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend, who is primarily a dipper but will have a few smokes a day-- always claims that smoking makes him tired, I never really believe him and almost joke about it with him. But yea-- I guess this happens to other people as well.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:23 PM

Reckless is on a distinguished road

if i smoke while i am getting tired it seems to actually wake me rather then put me down. I also notice my first cig of the day usually helps wake me up as well.
Never had that happen to me.

I guess if you get carbon monoxide poisoning from smoking to much this might happen.