Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inhaling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2019, 08:17 PM

smokeanew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inhaling

Iíve been smoking with a new smoker. So far this person just puffs on the cigarette and doesnít want to inhale. They are asking me why they should inhale the smoke? I try to explain that it feels good, but I actually have a hard time describing what it feels like. I donít push them to inhale, but the next time they ask about it, how should I respond?
Old 08-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Cigarette tobacco is milder and more acidic than the tobacco used in cigars and pipes. Therefore, cigarette smoke needs to be inhaled into the lungs in order to feel the effects of the nicotine, unlike the smoke from cigars and pipes, in which the nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membrane inside the mouth.

Aside from the fact that puffing a cigarette isn't going to allow for full absorption of nicotine, the feeling of inhaling smoke into the lungs is pleasurable in itself. I don't know if that feeling can be adequately put into words -- it may be a case where you have to experience it for yourself.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 08-04-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:29 PM

Max84 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I started to smoke I always wanted to do it right. If you smoke you inhale, it is not a cigar. All the taste and the nice Feeling will not be the same without inhaling, but of course it is up to them. Tell them that it is their choice, but if they want to feel like a real smoker and if they want to get the benefits out of it they should inhale. They could try it and if they do not like there is no need to do it.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 PM

KWSmoker is on a distinguished road

It is actually hard to smoke a cigarette without inhaling- Have them smoke a cigar without inhaling- Once they do that they will fully understand the purpose behind smoking and feel the effects of the nicotine- Let them know that to match the cigar effect with a cigarette they need to inhale the cigarette smoke- once they do they will get it and realize that inhaling on a cigarette will be easier, more natural and more pleasurable!
Old 08-06-2019, 09:36 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road

One thing I do know is that once this person starts inhaling, they will probably do 2 things. Enjoy smoking much more and probably smoke much more.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:15 PM

smokeanew is an unknown quantity at this point

We smoked again today. I said this is how you inhale and demonstrated. Then they took a drag and didnít inhale. I said you will get the full benefit by inhaling, it feels good and the nicotine will really kick in. I think theyíre afraid of doing it.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:20 AM

CandiR will become famous soon enough

I don't even understand the point of smoking if they're not going to inhale. Seems like a waste of a good cigarette.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:30 AM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CandiR View Post
I don't even understand the point of smoking if they're not going to inhale. Seems like a waste of a good cigarette.
To each his own, but Iím with you!
Old 08-08-2019, 08:47 PM

Beth74 will become famous soon enoughBeth74 will become famous soon enough

Agree that itís pointless to deal with the cost and social stigma if youíre not inhaling. They need to be warned that the first few times they inhale it will feel weird, and they should not take a huge drag. They need to be prepared for it. For people watching me, especially the first cig on a smoke break at work, not sure how they couldnít get the point watching me take a long deep inhale, holding it, and then a slow exhale with my eyes closed and a look of total relaxation on my face...
Old 08-13-2019, 02:43 AM

Sepp is on a distinguished road

Inhaling is an integral part of smoking for me nothing beats drawing the smoke deep into my lungs especially on my first smoke of the day and after a long workout. Donít see why you would want to smoke and not inhale.