Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Do you both smoke the same brand/style?

Do you both smoke the same brand/style?

View Poll Results: Do you both smoke the same brand/style?
Yes, we both smoke the same brand/style. 4 26.67%
No, we smoke different brands/styles. 6 40.00%
My s/o is a non-smoker. 4 26.67%
Other (please explain). 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 12:29 PM

Heike is on a distinguished road
Default Do you both smoke the same brand/style?

My husband does not smoke, but if he were to take it up, I would want for us to smoke the same thing. I'd be willing to compromise with him on the length (I could go back to smoking full-flavor shorts again), but I would not compromise on strength (it's got to be full-flavor for me, no lights).
Old 07-13-2019, 02:19 PM

Observer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Heike View Post

My husband does not smoke, but if he were to take it up, I would want for us to smoke the same thing. I'd be willing to compromise with him on the length (I could go back to smoking full-flavor shorts again), but I would not compromise on strength (it's got to be full-flavor for me, no lights).
May I ask why this would be important to you?
Old 07-13-2019, 04:57 PM

marlbororob89 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've dated girls that have smoked different brands from me and we sampled back and forth more than a few times and it was never a problem and rarely ever discussed.

There are more than a few couples out there that smoke different brands and have lived together for many years, but, my wife Brieanna smokes the same brand as me and it works out well for the both of us, as we rarely run out of cigarettes now and can stock for the week of the same brand.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:36 PM

AllWhiteSmoke is on a distinguished road

I am currently single, but here's the rundown of most of my past relationships with smokers.

- My first serious girlfriend when I was 15 and 16 smoked Marlboro Lights, which I also smoked (along with B&H). She never really deviated from that brand because they were what her mom smoked and since neither of us were 18, she depended entirely on her mom giving/buying her packs of cigarettes.

- A girl I dated for a few months when I was 17 smoked Marlboro Lights and Camel No. 9s but switched almost exclusively to the Camels while we dated (I think they were new at the time, not sure).

- A girl I dated when I was 17 and 18 during my senior year of high school smoked some brand of Camels, though I can't remember which. She didn't smoke that much, usually only one or two a day but would always buy a pack and smoke at least half of it any time we went out to parties.

- I dated a girl during my first few months of college but the relationship was short-lived because she transferred elsewhere after the first semester. She smoked Parliament 100s.

- My second serious girlfriend in college smoked Marlboro Light Menthols when we first started dating then switched to some version of Pall Malls after we had been dating for about a year.

- The next girl I seriously dated was after college. She had sort of quit smoking, but we knew each other in high school we she was a regular smoker and she smoked Marlboro Lights. While we dated, she'd often bum one of my Marlboro Lights or B&Hs, depending on which I had at the time.

- I dated a girl just 2-3 years ago for a little over a year. She smoked Marlboro Special Blend 100s and sometimes Virginia Slims 100s (red pack).

- The last girl I dated a little over a year ago smoked Camel Crush.

So, in summary, I've sometimes smoked the same brand as my SO, sometimes not. However, in all cases, none of my past girlfriends smoked my favorite cigarettes: B&H Premium. They'd bum one from me every now and then and insist they enjoyed them, but none ever bought their own packs.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:50 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enough

Sometimes he smokes what I’m smoking; sometimes something else.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:19 AM

Pim is an unknown quantity at this point

When I met my wife I smoked RYO and she only smoked sporadically bumming cigarettes off me or her smoking friends. We were both still in university at the time. Once she started working she became a regular smoker. She smoked Camel Blue and I still smoked my RYO’s.
Both of us quit when she was pregnant of our first child which really didn’t bother me at all, maybe because it was only for 8 and a half months. The day my son was born I bought a pack of Marlboro Reds and happily picked up smoking again. My wife started back a couple of months later. We repeated this two more times when she was pregnant again.
Our children are grown up now, two are smokers themselves. I still smoke Marlboro Reds and my wife still smokes Camel Blue.
Having different brands never bothered us.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:02 AM

Bernt is on a distinguished road

When I met my gf I was smoking Marlboro Gold and she smoked West Silver and as she was always running out of cigarettes and I always have a spare pack on me, she started smoking Marlboro Gold a lot as well and for the last year or so has not bought West Silver anymore.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 AM

bendrix is on a distinguished road

My boyfriend doesn’t smoke but he is a dipper so both of us happily addicted to nicotine.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:54 AM

smokey68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dip!

Originally Posted by bendrix View Post
My boyfriend doesn’t smoke but he is a dipper so both of us happily addicted to nicotine.
I used to be sky high on nicotine when I was younger. I chewed Kodiak all day and smoked VS120's with my wife at night. Sometimes both at once. I quit chewing in 2006. I'm pretty sure that is way worse than smoking. I was tired of my gums being all ragged, and didn't want to lose my jaw and half of my face from it. I'm sure my lungs are nice and brown, but the doc says they still work great. My wife quit smoking 14 years ago, and she thinks I quit too. Don't tell her!