Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

She left her legacy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 PM

StatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the rough
Default She left her legacy

There was a manager at my workplace who I would describe as an older (around age 60) hardcore smoker. She would go outside to smoke several times a day. My impression is that outside of work she chain smokes and has for decades.

A younger woman (late 20s) was promoted to a management position and worked closely with the older lady. I would hear the older manager ask the younger counterpart to go out and smoke with her...which she did. This surprised me because I never saw the younger woman smoke before...she would always take her breaks in the indoor non-smoking break room. The fact that she would go out and smoke with her must mean she had dabbled in it before but I'm sure she wasn't a regular smoker. In fact sometimes she said "No, I'll stay inside" when the older lady asked her to go out and smoke. She could still take it or leave it at that point.

Here it is over a year later. The older hardcore smoker has since moved across the country. She is long gone. Yet now I am seeing the younger lady out there smoking everyday. She never takes her breaks inside anymore and always goes out to smoke. That hardcore smoker lady might be gone but she certainly left her legacy.

Last edited by StatisticsJason; 07-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:55 PM

IronicChef is on a distinguished road

Thatís awesome! Great story!