Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Smokers +60 cigarettes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2019, 01:26 PM

Lucia is on a distinguished road
Default Smokers +60 cigarettes?

5ppd smoker here.
In these times where tobacco is repressed.
How many heavy smokers are we?
Old 07-08-2019, 07:17 AM

CrownGirl is on a distinguished road

Here in the US 1 pack = 20 cigarettes so it would be 3 ppd to equal 60. I am not at that level as i work outside of the home 4 out of 5 days a week. On my days off like just had a 4 day weekend due to the 4th of July holiday i smoked a little over 1ppd. I am back at work today and probably will be just a little under 1ppd. Looking forward to hearing from other members to see if anyone works outside of the house and smokes 2-3ppd
Old 07-08-2019, 10:44 AM

ChainsmokerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I smoke 2.5-3 packs daily and work outside home. I do a lot of chaining that helps me maintain my consumption. I wish I could smoke more but unfortunately only so many places to smoke and so many hours in a day.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:22 PM

maxonlydooo is on a distinguished road

I try to smoke a minimum of 3 packs a day
Old 07-08-2019, 06:18 PM

smoke luv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by maxonlydooo View Post
I try to smoke a minimum of 3 packs a day
What's your average?
Old 07-08-2019, 08:35 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road
Default Days off

Originally Posted by CrownGirl View Post
Here in the US 1 pack = 20 cigarettes so it would be 3 ppd to equal 60. I am not at that level as i work outside of the home 4 out of 5 days a week. On my days off like just had a 4 day weekend due to the 4th of July holiday i smoked a little over 1ppd. I am back at work today and probably will be just a little under 1ppd. Looking forward to hearing from other members to see if anyone works outside of the house and smokes 2-3ppd
I am guessing you are not too heavy a smoker if there is not much difference between working and non working days. I about double the number of cigarettes on my days off. If I have no plans and am home all day, I smoke about 3 packs. If I have plans or something that puts me in a non-smoking place, it is roughly a little over 2 packs. During work days, it is around a pack and a half. I am not sure how 5 packs is possible. That is about 1 cig every 10 minutes. Not to mention that is about 700 dollars a month. I would rather be retired, but it pays for my cigarettes and I would probably spend an extra 150-00 dollars more a month on cigarettes. I would love to smoke more during the work week, but I probably couldnít afford it.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:02 AM

CrownGirl is on a distinguished road

No I'm far from a heavy smoker but that's definitely due to financial not because of taste/lack of enjoyment. Due to my work schedule it would be hard to hit 2ppd consistently but what I am learning is that anything is possible
Old 07-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Beth74 will become famous soon enoughBeth74 will become famous soon enough

I had a period as a housewife and both kids were in school when I hit 3 packs a day. Was dealing with a sick relative and spending lots of the day on the phone, chaining while on hold. This lasted a few months. It was very expensive. Since going back to work Iím about 30 during the week and 40-50 on days off. I would call myself a heavy smoker, and given the smoking restrictions in the US this is almost as much as I think you can smoke while leaving home every now and again.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:31 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road
Default Agree

Originally Posted by Beth74 View Post
I had a period as a housewife and both kids were in school when I hit 3 packs a day. Was dealing with a sick relative and spending lots of the day on the phone, chaining while on hold. This lasted a few months. It was very expensive. Since going back to work Iím about 30 during the week and 40-50 on days off. I would call myself a heavy smoker, and given the smoking restrictions in the US this is almost as much as I think you can smoke while leaving home every now and again.
The only time I get to 3 packs a day is if I am home all day. Any sort of outside the home activities usually come with a smoking restriction. Dinner, movies, ballgames, or shopping. You canít smoke in those places anymore. Not like when I was younger and people smoked in restaurants, grocery stores, and just about anywhere else you could think of.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Beth74 will become famous soon enoughBeth74 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PallMalllover View Post
The only time I get to 3 packs a day is if I am home all day. Any sort of outside the home activities usually come with a smoking restriction. Dinner, movies, ballgames, or shopping. You canít smoke in those places anymore. Not like when I was younger and people smoked in restaurants, grocery stores, and just about anywhere else you could think of.
I know. I watch movies from before the 80s, or set in that period, when there are ashtrays on every table in restaurants, people smoking on planes, etc, and wonder how I can build a time machine to that world. When I started it was still a smoking section world, but most of my smoking life has been no smoking in public places, or go outside to smoke (and even that is getting hard).