Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Did you ever get a non smoker to start smoking

Did you ever get a non smoker to start smoking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2019, 04:31 PM

Mark1150 is on a distinguished road
Default Did you ever get a non smoker to start smoking

A few threads have had stories of a girlfriend getting a boyfriend to become a smoker. It can also be a boyfriend to get a girlfriend to start smoking. Have any of you used your influence on another person to join the ranks of smokers?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:55 PM

ThatGuyJason is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorta?

My nonsmoking cousin asked me for a cig once saying he wanted to try it out. I gave in and let him have a cig and then another. Long story short, he's now a smoker. Don't know if this counts because he really could have gotten it from anywhere.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:31 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

Four years ago an out of town friend staying the weekend who had never smoked before said it looked like fun and would I give her some smoking lessons. I did and she took to it easily and continues to smoke. I acted on her suggestion - I have not and will not push smoking on someone who does not smoke. Iíll be glad to help if asked; and Iím honest attesting to the pleasure of smoking if a non smoker asks, but I donít push.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:39 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

Same as Rita.

I won't push or force someone to try it unless they approach and either ask questions about starting or they are considering trying it and want to talk to someone about it.

At this point, they've considered it and you can proceed from there, but ultimately, it's up to the individual on whether or not they want to start smoking, but, if they ask for support on their decision to start, I will be there to help them however they need it.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:25 AM

mm63221 will become famous soon enough

After my divorce, I dated a couple of women and they were already smokers. I have a huge More 120 fetish. Getting them to switch to More 120s wasn't hard at all.

I met my present wife on an online dating website. She read my profile and started texting with me. I checked on her profile and saw she wasn't a smoker. My profile said smokers only need respond. She told me she had never smoked in her life, but had thought about it here and there. I told her up front that we could go out, but my More 120 fetish is so strong, that it probably wouldn't go anywhere. In short, and kinda blunt, I told her that I only date More 120 smokers.

Within 2 weeks she was a confirmed heavy More 120s smoker. Now years later says she loves smoking them and glad she started. She's a 2 pack a day More woman now and says she's never regretted starting.

Do I feel bad for getting a non smoker hooked? In this case no. She had told me if I hadn't got her hooked, she would have probably experimented on her own. I'd never push getting hooked on smoking on anyone that doesn't wish to start, but my incredibly strong More 120 fetish dictates that if someone wants a relationship with me, they WILL have to chainsmoke More 120s. She says now she loves everything about and wished she had started sooner.

Last edited by mm63221; 06-26-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:54 PM

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough
Default Started

A few years ago a woman in my neighborhood was selling her house and was stressed. She saw me with a cigarette while I was walking my dog past her house. She said she was thinking about trying smoking to relieve the stress and she asked me for a cigarette. I said sure. She coughed a little at first but managed to finish the cigarette. After a little instruction, she tried another. She managed to finish it without coughing. I warned her that if she continued to smoke that addiction would set in quickly. I met up with her about a month ago. Sheís now a pack a day regular. I donít believe in pushing the habit on someone who isnít interested.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:06 AM

CandiR has a spectacular aura aboutCandiR has a spectacular aura aboutCandiR has a spectacular aura about

5 or 6 years ago, my brother's girlfriend asked me what smoking was like. I couldn't really describe it, so I asked her if she'd like to try. I showed her what to do, and she seemed to like it. She's now a regular pack-a-day smoker.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:57 PM

jmurray01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite frankly no, and if anybody asks me about smoking the first thing I say is don't unless you have lots of money to spare (here in the UK cigarettes are at a premium price) and want to change your lifestyle to suit smoking.

If I could go back to when I smoked my first cigarette I probably wouldn't, then I wouldn't know what I was missing and I'd have saved goodness knows how much money, same for drinking, I wouldn't touch that first drop of whisky.

But I did start smoking (and drinking) and so I make the best of it and enjoy the heck out of both habits, but I wouldn't try to get somebody smoking unless they specifically wanted to on their own freewill.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by jmurray01 View Post
... same for drinking, I wouldn't touch that first drop of whisky.
I had to smile on reading the part about whiskey. My first drop of alcohol, as best I can remember, was at some family gathering in Irvington, New Jersey (summer, early seventies). My Dad was drinking a whiskey sour and, out of the blue, he gave me his cup to take a sip. I think I might've been about eight years old. As soon as I tasted it, it was so revolting that I spat it out on to the ground (we were outdoors). That pretty much "cured" me of any desire for alcohol, except for the glass of wine I was allowed at dinner on holidays (I liked wine, and especially sangria) until I went away to college. To this day I still can't stand the taste of whiskey! As for scotch, we'd better not even go there!

Last edited by masklofumanto; 06-27-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:23 PM

jmurray01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
I had to smile on reading the part about whiskey. My first drop of alcohol, as best I can remember, was at some family gathering in Irvington, New Jersey (summer, early seventies). My Dad was drinking a whiskey sour and, out of the blue, he gave me his cup to take a sip. I think I might've been about eight years old. As soon as I tasted it, it was so revolting that I spat it out on to the ground (we were outdoors). That pretty much "cured" me of any desire for alcohol, except for the glass of wine I was allowed at dinner on holidays (I liked wine, and especially sangria) until I went away to college. To this day I still can't stand the taste of whiskey! As for scotch, we'd better not even go there!
Yes, it is an acquired taste! I can't tempt you to a Chivas Regal then??