Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Has anyone tried smokerdatelink.com?

Has anyone tried smokerdatelink.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Entry Member

malboromegas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone tried smokerdatelink.com?

hey, has anybody tried this dating site for smokers? SmokerDateLink.com My FWB just told me about it. I hadn't seen many sites for people like us.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:17 PM

Heike is on a distinguished road

Being happily married, I don't need such sites. BUT, I'd really love it if such sites existed for people looking for meet-ups or casual friendships. I'd love to expand my circle of friends a bit, and I'm most comfortable with other women my own age that also happen to be smokers.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:33 PM

KimSmokes is an unknown quantity at this point

Me, too. That seems much harder to do these days.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:29 PM

It's great having a social circle where we as smokers don't have to excuse ourselves, or apologize for our smoking, or saying to the non-smokers that I hope my stray smoke doesn't bother you (which I say as a courtesy, frankly, I don't care if it does). There's a circle of four of us, we're all friends, and we're all smokers, we enjoy meeting each other on occasion, whether it be out, or in our homes. That four became five earlier this year, with the 15 year old daughter of one of the ladies in our circle becoming a smoker. I certainly don't have a problem with non-smokers, but, being around other smokers solves a lot of problems.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:44 PM

AllWhiteSmoke is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Heike View Post
It's great having a social circle where we as smokers don't have to excuse ourselves, or apologize for our smoking, or saying to the non-smokers that I hope my stray smoke doesn't bother you (which I say as a courtesy, frankly, I don't care if it does). There's a circle of four of us, we're all friends, and we're all smokers, we enjoy meeting each other on occasion, whether it be out, or in our homes. That four became five earlier this year, with the 15 year old daughter of one of the ladies in our circle becoming a smoker. I certainly don't have a problem with non-smokers, but, being around other smokers solves a lot of problems.
I'm constantly grateful that there are still smoke-friendly establishments in my town (21 years and older age limit allows the owner of the establishment to decide whether to allow smoking indoors or not). It's nice being able to go to one of those bars and smoke carefree. No reason to worry about bothering anyone. If you go into one of those establishments, smoker or not, you have to expect to be surrounded by cigarettes and cigars. If that bothers you, go elsewhere.

And of course it's also a great way to meet and socialize with other smokers who seek out those places precisely because they can smoke openly and carefree. As a bonus, you can also reasonably assume that any non-smokers you meet probably aren't bothered by smoking if they choose to frequent these places.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by AllWhiteSmoke View Post
I'm constantly grateful that there are still smoke-friendly establishments in my town (21 years and older age limit allows the owner of the establishment to decide whether to allow smoking indoors or not). It's nice being able to go to one of those bars and smoke carefree. No reason to worry about bothering anyone. If you go into one of those establishments, smoker or not, you have to expect to be surrounded by cigarettes and cigars. If that bothers you, go elsewhere.

And of course it's also a great way to meet and socialize with other smokers who seek out those places precisely because they can smoke openly and carefree. As a bonus, you can also reasonably assume that any non-smokers you meet probably aren't bothered by smoking if they choose to frequent these places.
The trick where I live is to choose a restaurant which is collocated with a bar. The restaurant side is naturally non-smoking, but the bar is smoking, and there are tables on the bar side where they will serve from the restaurant menu, with ashtrays on the tables. This works quite well.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:39 AM

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malboromegas View Post
hey, has anybody tried this dating site for smokers? SmokerDateLink.com My FWB just told me about it. I hadn't seen many sites for people like us.
Any good? Have found similar sites disappointing.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:26 PM

jersos is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried it today and started receiving suspicious texts feom random people. I think the site is a scam.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:34 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

Why does that not surprise me.

Thanks for taking the risk for all of us.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:13 AM

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jersos View Post
I tried it today and started receiving suspicious texts feom random people. I think the site is a scam.
Yes, it would seem so.