Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Are you ever amazed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 AM

docmarlboro is on a distinguished road
Default Are you ever amazed?

I was thinking about this last night. I enjoy being a smoker and smoking cigarettes. I have no desire to quit. I enjoy the addiction. Sometimes it amazes me how strong and powerful lady nicotine is. How she sets her hooks and every day drives them deeper and deeper while making it feel so good! Even if I wanted to quit I know I wouldn’t make it so why try lol?
When they teach about addiction in school etc it’s impossible to grasp.
How many others feel like they’ve reached the “point of no return”?
Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 AM

Kathy G is on a distinguished road

It is amazing how quickly the addiction takes hold. How our bodies get use to the regular delivery of nicotine to our brain, and it feels so nice when it does happen. And we need feed our addiction all the time. I have quit smoking for two and a half years, but... it only took 2 cigs and I restarted. I don't regret it, I do really enjoy smoking, I like how they make me feel and how I actually look with a cig, its just part of me now again.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:14 AM

Rob01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I have only been a smoker for two years now, I know I have already passed the point of no return. My body and brain are totally addicted to me being a smoker and I am sure I will never quit. As a newbie I was amazed how fast the need to smoke arrived and it felt good.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:49 PM

Dajohns11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
Although I have only been a smoker for two years now, I know I have already passed the point of no return. My body and brain are totally addicted to me being a smoker and I am sure I will never quit. As a newbie I was amazed how fast the need to smoke arrived and it felt good.
Yeah I imagine that you passed that point quite a long time ago? Any regrets in starting and how does smoking compare to what you’d imagine it would be?
For me the enjoyment I get from it far exceeds what I’d expected, and there was something that really felt good about giving in to the temptation to try it, after which I quickly became a regular smoker. Six years later it is hard to remember what being a nonsmoker was like.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:56 PM

George1 will become famous soon enough
Default Amazed

I’m a very late starter. I started six years ago at age 63. Prior to that, I went through my life totally disinterested in starting to smoke. That changed during the summer of 2013. I accidentally stumbled on a pro smoking site and started to read the posts. I was amazed how many smokers absolutely loved smoking. This aroused my curiosity and decided to try cigarettes. I took the plunge and fell in love with cigarettes after one week of daily smoking. I have been puffing away ever since. After a year and a half of smoking, my smoking blossomed into a two pack a day habit. I not only became a smoker, but a heavy smoker. After six years of smoking, my time as non smoker is becoming a distant memory. If anyone told me that some day that would be a heavily addicted smoker, I would have laughed. I’m amazed that this happened

Last edited by George1; 06-11-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 PM

docmarlboro is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by George1 View Post
I’m a very late starter. I started six years ago at age 63. Prior to that, I went through my life totally disinterested in starting to smoke. That changed during the summer of 2013. I accidentally stumbled on a pro smoking site and started to read the posts. I was amazed how many smokers absolutely loved smoking. This aroused my curiosity and decided to try cigarettes. I took the plunge and fell in love with cigarettes after one week of daily smoking. I have been puffing away ever since. After a year and a half of smoking, my smoking blossomed into a two pack a day habit. I not only became a smoker, but a heavy smoker. After six years of smoking, my time as non smoker is becoming a distant memory. If anyone told me that some day that would be a heavily addicted smoker, I would have laughed. I’m amazed that this happened
Didn’t know that! Quite a story. How did you end up on a pro-smoking site?
What did you like best about smoking when you first tried it?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:21 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enough

Count me in. I think I reached that point of no return almost immediately.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:06 AM

Shannonnigans is on a distinguished road

Literally by third cigarette I knew.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:38 AM

ThatGuyJason is an unknown quantity at this point

I honestly can't see myself going back to being a nonsmoker. I mean, I've been smoking for less than 2 years and I already can't imagine not waking up and enjoying my first cig of the day first thing or chaining a few when I'm out drinking.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 AM

Newportlover82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Happily amazed

Yeah I am amazed at the fact when I first tried smoking 17 years ago I never thought I would be smoking a pack or so a day. Now I look back and it has been a part or my life now since I was 19 years old and I am 36 now. I think I fell in love with smoking soon after I tried the first couple cigarettes because of how they made me feel with each cigarette I smoked. I never thought I would love them as much as I do and can't see myself ever wanting to not smoke. I do not regret ever trying my first cigarette if anything i wish I would have tried it sooner than when I did. The funny thing is most of the things I used to love just as much as smoking like going camping, playing baseball, going fishing I don't do as much or at all anymore but I still continue to smoke. So I guess what I am trying to say is smoking is one of the only things I still do that I love and been doing it daily and those other things I loved I slowly quite doing over the years. So I am amazed my love and desire for smoking cigarettes has never weakened and to this day has never been stronger.