Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Been smoking Newports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 09:06 PM

docmarlboro is on a distinguished road
Default Been smoking Newports

Out of nowhere this past weekend I got a craving for menthol cigarettes out of nowhere!! Literally. Usually canít stand Menthols. Explain that!
Anyway, decided to buy two packs of Newports to try em out. Normally smoke 1/2 ppd Marlboro reds or camel filters but Iíve been smoking a pack per day of these Newports.
Howíd that happen?! Can anybody enlighten me?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:09 PM

marlbororob89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docmarlboro View Post
Out of nowhere this past weekend I got a craving for menthol cigarettes out of nowhere!! Literally. Usually canít stand Menthols. Explain that!
Anyway, decided to buy two packs of Newports to try em out. Normally smoke 1/2 ppd Marlboro reds or camel filters but Iíve been smoking a pack per day of these Newports.
Howíd that happen?! Can anybody enlighten me?

Well, you're not alone, as I smoked menthols briefly in the past, but, moved back to Marlboro Red 100's, but, about a year ago, I started to get cravings for menthols, not quite sure how or why and I tried a number of menthol brands for a short time, but, then moved to the Reds, but once again, right before I got married last September, the menthol cravings came back again and after going back and forth between Newports and Reds, I decided that I would primarily smoke Reds and rotate in a few packs of Newports as a good change of pace over a couple of weeks and a number of fellow smokers I know do this from time to time, to help change things up and as one fellow smoker told me "it helps clean things up", as we all tend to inhale a little deeper on menthols.

Let us know how it goes and if you find a good mix going forward, depending on your area and what's readily available.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

I just smoke menthols. I have smoked regulars, but they just don't give me the taste or pleasure I enjoy. They are just barely better than nothing.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:53 AM

Marlboro Red Lover is an unknown quantity at this point

While I cannot explain it for you I can tell you that I did the same thing. I smoke reds 95% of the time but once in awhile I grab a pack of Newports. It may be because in my area so many people, especially younger smoke Newports now. When I first started smoking Reds were the go to brand for most people but now it seems to be Newports in my area. I know in the south Marlboros seem to still be the go to brand.

Last edited by Marlboro Red Lover; 05-21-2019 at 08:55 AM.