Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 05:36 PM

PaddyIrishMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations

Visiting the US soon and was wondering what's the strongest full flavor filtered smoke widely available in the US? Unfortunately my usual isn't available outside Ireland.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Billyj531 is an unknown quantity at this point

Marlboro Reds. I smoke menthols but two of my three brothers and six of my eight nephews smoke Reds and they love them. One brother smokes Camels and he loves them and one nephews smokes Kools and the other Camels. Dad smoked Winstons and they were really full flavor. Haven't had one of them in years though
Old 05-02-2019, 08:09 PM

RitaR is on a distinguished road

I’ll second that Marlboro Reds would be a good choice.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:21 AM

NerveInsulation is an unknown quantity at this point

Marlboro kind of have a bleach flavor about them.

Camels are just unadulterated tobacco flavor. Careful though, they pack a punch
Old 05-07-2019, 04:58 AM

Beth74 will become famous soon enough

Marlboros do have a peculiar taste, and if you don’t smoke them at home in Ireland why smoke them here. If you’re open to menthol, Newport’s are going to be one of the strongest filtered smokes you can get. I also think Natural American Spirit have some strong blends, but they are expensive and the packaging is confusing. Remember that American full flavor cigarettes are going to be a lot stronger than what you can get in the EU (I think your cap is 10 mg tar/1 mg nicotine). Some “light” cigarettes in the US come close to that.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Many Americans mistakenly think Marlboro Reds are the "strongest," meaning the highest in nicotine, filter cigarette brand. Beth is correct about Newport. If you prefer non-menthol, Camel Filters have historically been higher in nicotine than Marlboro Reds.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:53 PM

PaddyIrishMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the recommendations. Our cigarettes have been getting lighter over the last few years and are limited to 1mg now so would like to try something a bit stronger to see what it's like. Marlboros are available here but their not the strongest, think they come in at around 0.8mg. Might try camels. Which ones are the strongest filtered ones? I'd like to try and re-create the buzz I used to get back when I started.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Strongest filter cigarettes, aside from some styles of American Spirits, would be Newport Greens (menthol). If you want to try American Spirits, the pastel blue pack is the full flavor non-menthol. Important: if you get American Spirits, do NOT pack them; the tobacco is so densely filled that even without packing them they may be a hard draw, and if you were to pack them first, it will definitely be a difficult draw.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:14 PM

LuvFemSmkr is on a distinguished road

If you are looking for the strongest nicotine hit it is probably American Spirits. They are by far the highest in what they call freebase nicotine. Marlboro Reds are the second highest. Here is an article about it.

https://tobaccofreeweld.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/american-spirit-number-one-for-freebasing/
Old 05-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

All major brands, except for those made by Vector Group, have ammoniated tobacco, which is what freebases nicotine. Marlboro was the first brand to use ammoniated tobacco, but since the 1980's it hasn't been the only brand. So, sorry to contradict, but that means Marlboro isn't the second highest to American Spirits.

Edit: I was proven wrong. My apology to LuvFemSmkr.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 05-07-2019 at 08:34 PM.