Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RIP Benson and Hedges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2019, 05:52 PM

KristenSmoker will become famous soon enoughKristenSmoker will become famous soon enough

that stinks. Im a B&H 100s smoker too

Just bought a carton a few days ago, havent heard of this. Hope it isnt true.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beth74 View Post
I have a smoke shop that I buy my B&H 100s through every couple of months. Tell them I want 10 cartons a few days before I make the trip there and they get them for me. It’s not like Marlboros where they always have at least 10 cartons on hand.

Called yesterday to place my order. Guy told me Phillip Morris was changing the brand. Right now they are promoting Menthol 100s and kings in new packaging and look like they’ve discontinued the “old” B&H. Said he could probably find 10 cartons at his wholesaler now but can’t guarantee it in the future.

I went to the B&H website and under products there was just king and 100s menthols with a cork filter. No mention of any other style.

So, what do people know about this? B&H have been harder to buy retail for a decade now, but is this the end?

Suggestions for another brand? I started with B&H and loved the full flavor non-menthol all white. Marlboros always taste like chemicals to me. I have bought Newport Red 100s a few times when I couldn’t get B&H, and they’re not bad, but didn’t convert me to the brand. Haven’t had a Winston since my husband smoked them 15 years ago. Any strong all whites on the market?
Kristen,
Take another look at what I've bold-faced in Beth's original post. Hoping it's not true is just wishful thinking. You can go to the B&H website and look for yourself if you have any doubt. I'd look myself but I'm not interested in having to register in order to just see what's there. Btw, I'm practically certain the "new B&H" will be available in "regular" styles, not just menthol.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:34 AM

Shannonnigans will become famous soon enoughShannonnigans will become famous soon enough

I have smoked Benson & Hedges regular 100s since I started smoking, and I have noticed them becoming harder and harder to find. Knowing that this was a possibility, I started transitioning to VSlims as that has always been my second choice and tastes very similar to B&H. Sad though. I tried many brands but always came back to B&H. I was hoping this wasn’t true but I think the writing is on the wall.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:32 AM

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough
Default Carton

Originally Posted by KristenSmoker View Post
that stinks. Im a B&H 100s smoker too

Just bought a carton a few days ago, havent heard of this. Hope it isnt true.
I was able to get two cartons this morning. I hope this isn’t true. I’m a devoted B&H Full Flavor smoker. That’s why I suck down 40 a day.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:13 AM

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough
Default B&H

Originally Posted by Beth74 View Post
I have a smoke shop that I buy my B&H 100s through every couple of months. Tell them I want 10 cartons a few days before I make the trip there and they get them for me. It’s not like Marlboros where they always have at least 10 cartons on hand.

Called yesterday to place my order. Guy told me Phillip Morris was changing the brand. Right now they are promoting Menthol 100s and kings in new packaging and look like they’ve discontinued the “old” B&H. Said he could probably find 10 cartons at his wholesaler now but can’t guarantee it in the future.

I went to the B&H website and under products there was just king and 100s menthols with a cork filter. No mention of any other style.

So, what do people know about this? B&H have been harder to buy retail for a decade now, but is this the end?

Suggestions for another brand? I started with B&H and loved the full flavor non-menthol all white. Marlboros always taste like chemicals to me. I have bought Newport Red 100s a few times when I couldn’t get B&H, and they’re not bad, but didn’t convert me to the brand. Haven’t had a Winston since my husband smoked them 15 years ago. Any strong all whites on the market?
I have smoked B&H Full Flavor since my first day of smoking and I have been sucking them down ever since.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:12 AM

Heike will become famous soon enoughHeike will become famous soon enough

B&H Premium 100's has been one of my sway brands for awhile, but I'm quite comfortable with my Marlboro reds 100's.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

This has happened too many times before with other brands. I suppose now it's B&H's turn. The best that can be hoped for is that the "new B&H" won't be drastically different from "old B&H"; otherwise, the search is on for an alternative brand. My guess is that Philip Morris (a.k.a. Altria) thinks a relaunch of the brand might shore up, or even increase, its market share. That's what RJR mistakenly thought in late 1996 when it changed Winston and Salem, its two flagship brands at the time.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 04-30-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM

CDevMatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. I used to love Camel Filters. Then they must of changed the blend at some point because they are not the same. I’m sure the FSC paper doesn’t help.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CDevMatt View Post
Agreed. I used to love Camel Filters. Then they must of changed the blend at some point because they are not the same. I’m sure the FSC paper doesn’t help.
I was told by someone else on this forum, I don't remember exactly who as it was some time ago, that Camel Filters were changed some time in the early 2000's, maybe 15 years ago, give or take.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:17 PM

RitaR will become famous soon enoughRitaR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
This has happened too many times before with other brands. I suppose now it's B&H's turn. The best that can be hoped for is that the "new B&H" won't be drastically different from "old B&H"; otherwise, the search is on for an alternative brand. My guess is that Philip Morris (a.k.a. Altria) thinks a relaunch of the brand might shore up, or even increase, its market share. That's what RJR mistakenly thought in late 1996 when it changed Winston and Salem, its two flagship brands at the time.

My taste buds say the new B&H is far inferior than the old. There are many other brands out there that are much better tasting to me. Also the packaging of the new Bensons is hideous - but that wouldn’t stop me from smoking them if they were a good smoke. I’d rate them average at best.