Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Do you remember the first time you actually felt the smoke enter your lungs?

Do you remember the first time you actually felt the smoke enter your lungs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 PM

RedsKyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you remember the first time you actually felt the smoke enter your lungs?

I had been smoking for a couple of months when after a long boring day at school, for the the first time I felt I really needed a cigarette bad. So when I did light up I took a deep drag and while exhaling an other one. On the second inhale I felt the smoke inside my lungs for the first time which really freaked me out, hey I was 15 remember.
Now I really enjoy that feeling but that first time, wow.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:52 AM

Billyj531 is an unknown quantity at this point

The first time I remember it was when I had my first cigarette....it freaked me out and I thought, who would enjoy this it feels horrible. Of course, a few cigarettes later I began enjoying the feeling and haven't stopped since.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:08 AM

ThatGuyJason is an unknown quantity at this point

I pretty much inhaled right on my first cig and it was horrible. It's funny how it gradually got better to the point where feeling that it's one of the better parts of smoking.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:23 PM

Jj1998 is on a distinguished road

The first time I did it I was at school, and it was a really strong fag, and I didn't know you weren't supposed to inhale if you weren't used to it. It just made me sick. I didn't do it again for year. I don't remember the drunken fags I smoked in between properly coz I only did it when I was really drunk. I do remember the first drag I inhaled sober after though it was like "OMG this is heaven, I feel SO GOOD, I want MORE" , and "OMG I wanna puke" both at the same time. It even made my eyesight swim, almost go double it was so overwhelming. I don't think that drag got me addicted to nicotine, but it kinda got me hooked on smoking fags right there.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:18 AM

JoshSmokes is an unknown quantity at this point

I started inhaling pretty quickly after my first cigarette and at first was pretty fraked out by actually feeling the smoke inside my lungs. Once I got used to it. I was wow this is great and now it is one of the most pleasurable parts of being a smoker for me.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:03 PM

SmokerBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I inhaled right from the start so felt it on my first cigarette, strange and exciting at the same time.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:06 AM

Logan1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad helped me start smoking and he told me that if I was inhaling in the right way, I would feel the smoke in my lungs. It might feel strange at first but when it happens it means you are a real smoker. Although I was expecting it to happen, it did freak me out at first.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:30 PM

AllWhiteSmoke will become famous soon enough

Twice in my early smoking days do I remember the "punch," from inhaling.

The first time was unsurprisingly the first time I actually inhaled. At that point, I had tried maybe five cigarettes total. I was either 12 or 13 and over the span of a few months would steal a cigarette from one of my parent's packs when they were both out of the house and smoke it.

Thing is, I was acting 100% on curiosity and had no idea how to actually smoke a cigarette nor had I given hardly any thought to it. In other words, I had no idea that "inhaling," involved doing something more than just pulling the smoke into your mouth. Seriously, I was clueless. Because of that, each of those first handful of cigarettes sort of put me off. The taste was hardly even tolerable to me and since I wasn't getting much of a buzz, I had no idea why anyone smoked. I persisted only because I had a lifelong curiosity about smoking since I grew up around it, but I don't think I ever fully smoked any of those cigarettes and since it wasn't because I was getting a heavy buzz/dizzy from inhaling, it was purely because the taste was just meh and grew a little too rough the more I smoked.

Then one early evening, my friend's mom drove me home from my friend's house. In the car with us was his older cousin's fiance who was going through some relationship struggles. My friend's mom lights up one of her usual cigarettes and offers one to the fiance to help ease her stress. She says she's hardly ever smoked, but my friend's mom (kind of jokingly) insists and she agrees. I'm in the backseat pretending like I'm not paying attention. The fiance lights up when we come to a stoplight and after a couple drags, my friend's mom laughs and says she's not even inhaling and explains how to inhale. Suddenly I realized what I had been doing wrong all along.

When I got home I literally couldn't stop thinking about what I had learned. I really, really, really wanted to try another cigarette with my newfound knowledge. I thought this would be the thing that would allow me to enjoy smoking and I would finally learn what everyone seemed to love about it so much. I was determined to try a cigarette that night even with both my parents home. I stayed up well after they had gone to bed, quietly snuck downstairs, down the hall and into the bar area of the living room where their cartons were. There were no opened packs and, being desperate and eager and excited and both unwilling and unable to go to sleep without trying this "new" technique, I said fuck it and for the first time took a whole pack from one of the cartons and snuck back upstairs. I went into the guestroom across from my room, opened the pack, found a lighter and lit up.

The first drag was the same type of non-inhaled drag I always took. I paused for a moment, took another drag and inhaled as my friend's mom had instructed the fiance. And man, what a difference it made. I was being timid so the drag was small but even so, I had to stifle a handful of coughs as I exhaled. I remember looking at the cigarette and putting my hand on my chest and noticing that by inhaling, the taste was much more tolerable and even pretty good. I took another, slightly larger drag, inhaled and exhaled and stifled only one cough. I took maybe two or three more drags and then quickly tossed the cigarette in the toilet. Thankfully my friend's mom explained to the fiance not to smoke and inhale the whole cigarette if she wasn't used to it or else she'd be sick and, not wanting to vomit, I smoked only half of the cigarette, though this time it was obviously to avoid puking rather than because I didn't like it. I was still dizzy from the buzz and felt a little nauseous for a couple minutes but it passed pretty quickly.

Oddly, I was absolutely ecstatic. I remember even smiling to myself giddily as I finally went to bed, and perhaps for good reason. For the first time, I actually enjoyed smoking a cigarette. It wasn't a matter of being able to simply "tolerate" it or having acclimated to the taste. No, I actually, actively enjoyed it this time -- both the taste and the feeling of the smoke in my lungs. I remember thinking, "I get it now."

Needless to say, with a whole pack hidden upstairs and with a genuine, budding love of smoking, I started looking for and taking more opportunities to smoke when I could, usually only when both parents were out of the house but sometimes when they were both home and asleep for the night. It took a long, long time for me to actually go through that pack, but by the time I did I was pretty confident in my smoking.

The second time was when I first realized I was addicted/had my first craving. I was 16 and although I smoked with some regularity, I would still go a day or more -- sometimes stretches of days -- without a cigarette. One evening with my parents both out at a party an hour or so away, I took advantage of the time and house to myself and smoked four cigarettes in a little less than a couple hours, which was unprecedented for me. At that point, I was comfortable with smoking and everything about it. I had school the next day and since my parents would be out late, I had one more cigarette before going to bed.

The next day at school was totally ordinary. Then, during my second to last class of the day, it happened. Literally out of nowhere as I was listening to our teacher lecture, I had a very, very strong craving for a cigarette. First one I ever had. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't pay attention. I NEEDED a cigarette. I suffered through my last two classes and couldn't leave school soon enough. I hopped into my car, drove off campus and I was practically shaking. I drove to a secluded park a few minutes away on my way home and took the pack of cigarettes I hid, rolled down the window and lit up and remember feeling how absolutely glorious and amazing it felt as I finally had that much needed cigarette, my head seeming to clear itself and relax as the smoke entered my lungs. It felt so good and so relieving that my second drag was perhaps the longest I had taken at that point, so much so that despite being pretty experienced and accustomed to smoking, I actually coughed from how big the drag was. :P
Old 01-17-2019, 02:18 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

My goodness that's a lot to say about inhaling smoke. I guess I remember. Once I was a natural the smoke came out of my mouth even after I exhaled. It's also pretty cool to talk with smoke going poof with the words. Gives you that sexy smoker's voice faster too.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:58 PM

Spies is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Spies

A friend and I for kicks decided to try smoking. We both bought a pack and lit up together. I did inhale and filled my lungs with smoke. I enjoyed the slight buzz I felt. After about the fourth cigarette I was probably hooked and have been ever since. 50 years ago.