Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2018, 11:10 PM

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough
Default Newbies

I’m always somewhat amused when a new smoker comes to the realization that they can’t stop smoking. Most newbies are hooked long before realize that they are they are. They have to understand that if they start every day smoking, addiction happens eventually and that will at some point hit the point of no return.

Last edited by George1; 01-03-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:57 PM

Rainer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George1 View Post
Iím always somewhat amused when a new smoker comes to the realization that they canít stop smoking. Most newbies are hooked long before they are. They have to understand that if they start every day smoking, addiction happens eventually and that will at some point hit the point of no return.
Of course I knew smoking was addictive when I started and still it surprised me when it hit me that I really did not feel okay if I did not smoke regularly.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:43 AM

wardw is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the club as an addicted smoker! Enjoy...
Old 11-25-2018, 04:40 PM

Jip is an unknown quantity at this point

Iím always somewhat amused when a new smoker comes to the realization that they canít stop smoking. Most newbies are hooked long before they are. They have to understand that if they start every day smoking, addiction happens eventually and that will at some point hit the point of no return.
George, you are so right, once I had bought my first pack I and started smoking, I smoked every day right away. Smoking became a habit sort of right away but for about a year I thought I could stop whenever I wanted. As I never actually tried it, I donít know when I became addicted but a lot sooner than I thought, I am sure now.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:10 AM

Default Newbies

The first two and half months that I smoked, I didnít feel especially hooked. For sure, I really enjoyed it. I started in September 2013. That year we went to my non smoking and anti smoking in-laws. This was the first time that I had to go any length of time without a cigarette. This turned out to be an eight hour ordeal. After about three hours, withdrawal hit me like a freight train. When we left the their house and were a few blocks away, my wife told to get out the car and lite up a cigarette. This was when I came to the realization that I was hooked.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:33 PM

Jlab23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hello guys! Glad to see & join this forum! Iím addicted to flavored cigarettes! 👍🏻
Old 11-29-2018, 02:57 PM

Default Newbies

Welcome to the club! Welcome to the Forum!
Old 12-09-2018, 11:48 AM

RedsKyle is an unknown quantity at this point

You are so right George, my youngest had been smoking daily for close to a year already when he said I think I am hooked dad. Oh you have been hooked for quite some time already I said, really he said but I donít feel any different, that is because you never tried quitting I said.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:54 PM

SmokerBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

When I started smoking I did so daily from the start, like all the smokers I knew. Of course I knew I would get addicted to smoking but thought that addiction was a process of years, not just weeks. After a couple of weeks after starting, I realised that I would already feel the need for a cigarette during the day at school when I could not smoke.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

I was smoking every day within a week or less, but denied being hooked. I wanted to be a smoker, not just try it, so I sort of forced my own hand. But when I found myself unable to smoke the first time, well, then I started rationalizing one cigarette at a time. Then I rationalized a pack at a time, and ultimately started to make sure I wouldn't run out. I was 12 years old.