Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Need good online source that will ship to Cali for bulk cigarette tobacco

Need good online source that will ship to Cali for bulk cigarette tobacco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 03:48 AM

mountainman92351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need good online source that will ship to Cali for bulk cigarette tobacco

Just tired of wasting time on pipe tobacco only vendors that identify as cigarette sellers. Thanks ta all, mm
Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by mountainman92351 View Post
Just tired of wasting time on pipe tobacco only vendors that identify as cigarette sellers. Thanks ta all, mm
“Cigarette” tobacco cannot be legally shipped retail in the USA. You need a wholesale license to buy it and have it shipped to you

Non aromatic “pipe” tobacco is no different than cigarette tobacco anyway. Some of it is cut different so they could label it to skirt the tax.

If you’re buying the garbage that’s sold at gas stations etc, that’s the problem.

Last edited by ohiophil; 06-19-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:02 AM

mountainman92351 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a ton for the quick reply, it justified a growing suspicion that certain pipe tobaccos were Dual purposeThis is exactly the sort of info I was hoping to find here. I generally smoke Marlboro 100's light. Does anyone know of a reliable online source of non-aromatic pipe tobacco that will stuff filter tubes well? Thanks again, mm
Old 06-19-2018, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by mountainman92351 View Post
Thanks a ton for the quick reply, it justified a growing suspicion that certain pipe tobaccos were Dual purposeThis is exactly the sort of info I was hoping to find here. I generally smoke Marlboro 100's light. Does anyone know of a reliable online source of non-aromatic pipe tobacco that will stuff filter tubes well? Thanks again, mm
A lot of people here buy from pipesandcigars.com. Other than one major snafu last year they have been great. Take a look at the D&R brand. Plenty of varieties to choose from. Read the descriptions and try a small amount of a few. P&C sells that stuff as small as an ounce. Since you smoke lights I would say to try venguer silver. Anything that says silver in the name from d&r is a light smoke. Another option would be 3 sails mixed with wind sail silver. You can get d&r for as low as $15 when they have a great sale, but it usually hovers around $20

Peter stockbye is another good one. Ps701 is nice but it takes a long time to dry out enough to stuff. $25ish on sale

Gawith and Hogarth Kendal gold is my all time favorite. Sometimes hard to find. $50 a pound usually. A lot more $ than the others but you can still make smokes for $2.25 or so
Old 06-19-2018, 08:27 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Or you could just bite the bullet and go the whole leaf route. For example, Just Good Tobacco (Fresh Choice) sells “unmanufactured” threshed tobacco at prices well below those of the prepackaged stuff sold by the online shops. They are based in CA so shipping should not be an issue. I prefer their Virginia Blend but have used other blends from them and all are excellent. Note to the critics: I am not an agent and will not benefit in any manner from this recommendation! I just hate to see anyone buy inferior tobacco.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Or you could just bite the bullet and go the whole leaf route. For example, Just Good Tobacco (Fresh Choice) sells “unmanufactured” threshed tobacco at prices well below those of the prepackaged stuff sold by the online shops. They are based in CA so shipping should not be an issue. I prefer their Virginia Blend but have used other blends from them and all are excellent. Note to the critics: I am not an agent and will not benefit in any manner from this recommendation! I just hate to see anyone buy inferior tobacco.
Ha. Critics? And you call my recommendations inferior? Laughable

Ftr. There’s nothing wrong with leaf if you have the time to mess with it.

Well below? Yeah man. Sure. You also failed to
Mention that he would have to buy 11 pounds to even try it.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:41 AM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Ha. Critics? And you call my recommendations inferior? Laughable

Ftr. There’s nothing wrong with leaf if you have the time to mess with it.

Well below? Yeah man. Sure. You also failed to
Mention that he would have to buy 11 pounds to even try it.
I didn’t call your recommendations inferior, just the tobacco. Laugh away. I don’t understand your insistence that leaf requires so much time. Most everyone can find the 15-20 minutes a week that it takes to shred. No big deal. It all depends on what you’re willing to give for quality. And it’s not necessary to buy a large bag to try. They’ll give samples if asked. Or I will, just PM me.