Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closet Smoker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2018, 05:53 PM

SamanthaD has a spectacular aura aboutSamanthaD has a spectacular aura aboutSamanthaD has a spectacular aura about

I started out in the closet although my mom turned a blind eye to my smoking for just over a year and then not long after I turned 16 she confronted me about it.She forced me out of the closet by making me smoke in front of her and to be honest,it felt awkward for the both of us to be smoking together for the first time but after that it became very normal.She gave me a stern lecture about not telling her right away but other than that it wasn't too bad.She put an ashtray in my bedroom and the rest is history.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:21 AM

Blue22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iím a closet smoker. I can understand why people do it. I will admit itís a hassle to make sure you donít have the smell. I wonít smoke around my children, in public, that sort of thing.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:44 PM

CandiR has a spectacular aura aboutCandiR has a spectacular aura aboutCandiR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SamanthaD View Post
I started out in the closet although my mom turned a blind eye to my smoking for just over a year and then not long after I turned 16 she confronted me about it.She forced me out of the closet by making me smoke in front of her and to be honest,it felt awkward for the both of us to be smoking together for the first time but after that it became very normal.She gave me a stern lecture about not telling her right away but other than that it wasn't too bad.She put an ashtray in my bedroom and the rest is history.
I guess technically, most of us started out as closet smokers. Early on, a few of my friends knew, and my brother, but not many others.
I know exactly what you mean about that awkward feeling with mom (and other relatives also)...she said it was weird at first seeing me smoke too. The bedroom was one of the one places she didn't want anyone smoking. She's deathly afraid of one of us smoking in bed and falling asleep.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:53 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

I only avoided smoking in front of my dad even though he was aware. In public I was pretty open by 14 - 15. Luckily my mom was a closet smoker from whom I stole my first cigarette ever. All that said I like to smoke alone.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 AM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road

Someone mentioned about not smoking in public. That is a problem for us closet smokers also. I have to be careful as not to have someone I know see me smoking. I get creative where I chose to smoke.