Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Getting non-smoking wife started

Getting non-smoking wife started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 03:09 PM

Andy1087 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting non-smoking wife started

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone gotten their non-smoking wife or GF started smoking? My wife does not smoke and never has as far as I know. I often wish she would start smoking at least once in a while to share the habit with. I realize that could be a slippery slope as it she did try it and liked it she might not be able to control it like I do. That being said I would love seeing her smoking a 120. I would be happy even if she would start vaping like I have. I would ask her to try it, but I know it probably would not go well and end up being a fight.

Andrew
Old 12-05-2017, 01:23 AM

Wayne2045 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not encourage a non-smoker to start. Yes you risk starting a huge fight.

And if she does start smoking, you've just introduced her to a unhealthy habit
Old 12-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I agree with Wayne. If someone wants to start smoking it should be their own decision. Not because someone else thinks it’s a good idea or it looks cool.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:17 PM

Jerimiah is an unknown quantity at this point

Smoking is a personal choice and asking your wife to pick up the habit just to please you is not okay.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:19 AM
Banned

burge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these parts

ditto for all the comments above. Don't start if you don't have too. You have to ask what if your wife dies of a smoking related illness how would you feel?
Old 12-06-2017, 08:18 AM

StatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the rough

If smoking was so important to you then you should have married a smoker in the first place. It is unethical for you to get her to smoke for your personal pleasure.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 AM

Beth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Agree with others

My husband and I were both smokers when we met. Given how much I smoked I canít imagine he would have married me if he werenít a smoker too. But I wouldnít recommend trying to get somebody to start.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:33 AM

SamanthaD has a spectacular aura aboutSamanthaD has a spectacular aura aboutSamanthaD has a spectacular aura about

What happens when the novelty of this wears off?Trying to encourage a non smoking spouse to smoke is a lousy idea.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:18 PM

Beth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SamanthaD View Post
What happens when the novelty of this wears off?Trying to encourage a non smoking spouse to smoke is a lousy idea.
My husband and I both quit a few years back. I stayed quit for 2 years before I started again. After I started again he was still quit and I did everything I could to not tempt him - only smoked outside the house (and froze my butt off!) and didnít smoke when we were in the car together. He started back up again about 6 months after I did even with me trying to help him stay quit.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 AM

StatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Beth74 View Post
My husband and I were both smokers when we met. Given how much I smoked I canít imagine he would have married me if he werenít a smoker too. But I wouldnít recommend trying to get somebody to start.
Oh there are definitely some non-smoking guys out there who wouldn't mind your heavy smoking or would even like it.